PM Prayut asks for public confidence in government

webfact

PNPOL601112001001301.jpg

BANGKOK, 13 November 2017 (NNT) - The Prime Minister has asked the public to have more faith in the government and all it is doing for the country. 

The spokesman of the Prime Minister’s Office, Lt. Gen. Sunsern Kaewkumnerd, said that the government has been informed of a continued improvement in the economic situation, revealed in research by the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce showing the Thai consumer confidence index has risen for the sixth consecutive month in October to 65.1. 

The UTCC report also shows that the future Thai consumer confidence index, which gauges sentiment over the next three months, also rose to 80.8 in October, he said. 

Lt. Gen. Sunsern stated that improving indices have indicated that recovery is underway in consumer spending, job opportunities, tourism spending and investment, partly due to ongoing export growth, the government’s public welfare card project, and falling retail fuel prices 

He added that Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha has passed along his message to the people of Thailand, in which he promised that the government will do everything possible to improve the economy of Thailand and to tackle economic problems of Thais in general. 

According to the PM’s message, the local economy has been improving constantly, from a growth rate of 0.8% in 2014 to 3.2% in 2016 and 3.7% in the second quarter of 2017 while the government hopes this year’s growth rate will end at 3.8%. 

Gen. Prayut had also confirmed that the government’s economic policies won't change despite the Cabinet reshuffle, while asking the public to have confidence in the current administration, said Lt. Gen. Sunsern.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-11-13

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

Er... Mr PM, confidence is something that is earned, not asked for.

And if you need to ask for it after three plus years, you haven't earned it and don't really deserve it.

Edited by Samui Bodoh

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister has asked the public to have more faith in the government and all it is doing for the country.

Yes. Nearly 4 years on and there’s still a political ban and Thailand is no closer to any form of real democracy. Elections next year? Why should anyone have faith? 

This muppet Sanserm makes me want to vomit everytime I see his ridiculous smug face. I know that as a spin doctor his job is to spout BS and put a positive slant on it, but I can't ever recall an instance where he has come even close to doing that successfully.

He just looks like a shameless liar doing an awful job of portraying an awful pseudo government in a less than awful light. The economy is on its arse, and it hasn't helped that the government through a whole range of schemes and crackdowns have noticeably sucked the life and soul out of some of the most colourful and unique things that Thailand has.

Anyone with an ounce of sense could not have any faith that this sham of an administration have done any real good for the nation in the last 3 years. I love the country in that some of the people here are simply wonderful, and that it is any respects a paradise, but I am disgusted at how much it has fallen in the last 3 to 4 years, and from what some of the real old timers here say, last 20. Sad as can be

13 minutes ago, z42 said:

This muppet Sanserm makes me want to vomit everytime I see his ridiculous smug face. I know that as a spin doctor his job is to spout BS and put a positive slant on it, but I can't ever recall an instance where he has come even close to doing that successfully.

He just looks like a shameless liar doing an awful job of portraying an awful pseudo government in a less than awful light.

agree; yet, he has value; anything he says, believe the opposite

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Lt. Gen. Sunsern stated that improving indices have indicated that recovery is underway in consumer spending, job opportunities, tourism spending and investment, partly due to ongoing export growth, the government’s public welfare card project, and falling retail fuel prices 

And, yet, the need for a sales tax refund program to stimulate spending. hmmm...