Russian Warships Arrive in Thailand Amid ASEAN Drills

webfact

5 minutes ago, PeCeDe said:

I fully agree with your comments, I suffer from sarcasm thus sometimes say things that can be mis-understood. Unfortunately it's not due to Ethyl Alcohol due to my dangerous liking for the stuff but that's for a different forum.

I sometimes think we set the bar too high for our politicians, we honestly cannot expect them to be so much more honest and trustworthy than most of us (voters) are. At this point in time the only person I can think of who has the morals and behaviours we are demanding of our politicians is God and I don't believe he wants the job.  That having been said we as voters do deserve and demand to be told the truth and have someone who defends the Constitution however inconvenient that may be. Neither Trump or Hilary can rise to that level or even come close.

I think that in previous generations a number of factors contributed to a more benevolent attitude towards politicians and other society elites.

Information was less available, quantity and timeliness wise; society 'standards" were more rigid even if somewhat "only on the face of it"; and should people in high office be found out for something they did the "decent" thing and resigned. That didn't happen often and therefore reinforced the notion that the majority were beyond reproach.

How times have changed. We now see the extent of corruption, moral and criminal, of those involved in politics, running business and the banks, the 'professions" etc. 

Society standards have liberalized and information availability has massively increased. Arguably we now see much more transparently what has always been there. Only before not only was it more opaque but society also restricted the information flow to the masses.

I agree, we voters should have the expectation of being told the truth. Not lied to, repeatedly lied to, and government by those who want us to do as they say but not as they do.

42 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Glad you said that. Prayut say just the opposite to justify his coup. Thumbs up. 

You must get over your fixation with the PM. He's married.

Did you believe your illustrious late Mr. Lee to be perfect too?

Now, any comments to make about Russian Warships and Putin's expansionist ideals?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

There is a ton of evidence about Russian interference. If you don't know about it, you're in a weird bubble. 

Other nations will have to decide for themselves about how they feel about he USA.

I was talking about current Russia - USA relations.

I'm quite aware that Putin has been promoting the USA as an enemy of Russia for many years now for his domestic political rise in power which is now almost total ... so we know how Russians feel. I feel the same way about Russia. Seems rational to me. 

Not going to be baited on what about Hillary. She's a private citizen now. 

This "ton of evidence" what is it? A ton of circumstantial rhetoric with the nodding dogs all agreeing is still a ton of circumstantial. 

Now May is attacking Russia in an attempt to divert from her abysmal performance and chaotic regime.

Russia isn't the USSR and Turkey isn't the Ottoman Empire. Putin and Erdogan would like the opposite to be true.

America as the current world policeman gets blamed by them to justify their own actions internally to cement power.

China is probably a much bigger threat, despite the cordiality, to the US and Western style democracy than either of the two ego dwarf lead previous Empires. But the Chinese are much much more subtle, cunning, and clever; and totalitarian and oppressive when necessary.

This "ton of evidence" what is it? A ton of circumstantial rhetoric with the nodding dogs all agreeing is still a ton of circumstantial. 

Now May is attacking Russia in an attempt to divert from her abysmal performance and chaotic regime.

Russia isn't the USSR and Turkey isn't the Ottoman Empire. Putin and Erdogan would like the opposite to be true.

America as the current world policeman gets blamed by them to justify their own actions internally to cement power.

China is probably a much bigger threat, despite the cordiality, to the US and Western style democracy than either of the two ego dwarf lead previous Empires. But the Chinese are much much more subtle, cunning, and clever; and totalitarian and oppressive when necessary.

You're confusing Russian efforts which are fully confirmed with the charges of trump collusion. The latter is still in the process of being investigated.

May's speech about Russia was great. Too bad compromised trump for whatever weird reasons can't do similar. The leaders of the free world are different than the potus now. He's clearly speaking for another tradition closer to the ethics of Putin and Erdogan than anything American.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're confusing Russian efforts which are fully confirmed with the charges of trump collusion. The latter is still in the process of being investigated.

May's speech about Russia was great. Too bad compromised trump for whatever weird reasons can't do similar. The leaders of the free world are different than the potus now. He's clearly speaking for another tradition closer to the ethics of Putin and Erdogan than anything American.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well said Jingthing and a couple of others here. If there's one constant thread in all this it's the incompetent bumbling or even outright dishonesty and greed of the current free worlds leadership. Russia, China and others must be collectively slapping themselves on their backs at their shear good fortune. Reminds me of a long gone time, allow me to quote from Google a little history.  

Rome's emperor at the time, the decadent and unpopular Nero, “fiddled while Rome burned.” The expression has a double meaning: Not only did Neroplay music while his people suffered, but he was an ineffectual leader in a time of crisis.

I honestly thought this thread was about the Fleet Review.  Not about American Presidents and non Presidents, nor the proclivities of sailors..... can anyone actually share some information about the Fleet Review, its' timetable and the effect it may have on Baht buses, replete with Iranians or not as the case may be.

2 hours ago, tolsti said:

I honestly thought this thread was about the Fleet Review.  Not about American Presidents and non Presidents, nor the proclivities of sailors..... can anyone actually share some information about the Fleet Review, its' timetable and the effect it may have on Baht buses, replete with Iranians or not as the case may be.

As if the Russkie Navy is gonna leak state secrets like that. Tsk tsk.