The Best Change In Los.

jasreeve17

Sometimes things get worse, but sometimes they improve.

I'm from London and everything seems to have been getting worse in the last fifteen years. But not so here, I believe, and I'll start with a couple of examples.

1) Hospitals - When I first came to LOS, fifteen or so years ago, I avoided the hospitals and had one bad experience in Samui. Now the hospitals, both government and International are very good. I'd much rather get sick here than go to my local hospital in North London (Chace Farm).

2) BTS and MRT. Before they were opened it was a nightmare getting around town, but these two clean, efficient and cheap services are a real boon. A pleasure to move around town (nearly).

3) The missus is improving with regard to her violent tendencies, she only beats me up once a week nowadays....

Mmm, is it only technology and science advances that are improving whilst social values and culture are declining? I don't know, but seems so, generally.

What improvement has pleased you the most?

The first time I was here in 1965, you could buy good grass in pharmacy ,almost free. Now either you take a huge risk or pay through the nose for rubbish.

This is huge improvement in the drug scene, from freely available to US style paranoia!!

Nine years ago when I got here I loved Thailand (and all of SE Asia and Nepal). So much has changed since then and I still love it. My commitment level to this country has risen dramatically year after year. That said, it's hard to say it's all changed for the better. It's just changed. I suppose even then I've changed more than Thailand...

The first time I was here in 1965, you could buy good grass in pharmacy ,almost free. Now either you take a huge risk or pay through the nose for rubbish.

This is huge improvement in the drug scene, from freely available to US style paranoia!!

so are you saying the tightening up of the drug scene in LOS is a good thing or not?