Nhl Hockey

mmushr00m

Where can I watch NHL Hockey in BKK. Infact where can I watch any Ice Hockey in BKK. As a guy from Toronto, I am missing my Maple Laughs oops Maple Leafs. All I see on TV is football and golf, I do not have any trouble falling asleep thankyou.

thanks

Where can I watch NHL Hockey in BKK. Infact where can I watch any Ice Hockey in BKK. As a guy from Toronto, I am missing my Maple Laughs oops Maple Leafs. All I see on TV is football and golf, I do not have any trouble falling asleep thankyou.

thanks

Never seen an NHL game on UBC, ever. You'll have to try to sort out one of those internet tv broadcast things, or radio over internet, etc...

thanks

Never seen an NHL game on UBC, ever. You'll have to try to sort out one of those internet tv broadcast things, or radio over internet, etc...

canaduh?

I think torrent files will be your only option. You'll need a broadband connection of course. The NFL torrent site I use mentions 'center ice forums' as a place to find NHL games. Google it. As with most torrent sites you'll need to register there first.

It use to be on UBC before the strike at weird hrs 03:00 or 04:00. I might cancel my UBC after the superbowl. Its just gone from bad to worst. My kids dont even watch the cartoons anymore, except samuri jack of course. I heard BBC is making there broadcasts free on the internet, hopefully CBC will follow suit.

Thanks for the replies.

Looks like I will be living without hockey, but I am hoping that somewhere somehow they will show the Stanley Cup playoffs or at the very least the finals.

I really doubt CBC will broadcast HNIC online...plus I really have no need for Don Cherry, dont really want the locals to know what a bunch of rednecks we canucks are.

cheers

There is a local amateur league in Bangkok. Not sure but maybe they just finished their season?

This topic comes up quite often here so a search might yield some valuable information. Personally, if I were a Canadian citizen I'd ping the Embassy and ask them for ideas. I bet they get asked frquently. Also maybe look/ask at some bars that might be owned/operated by Canadians (displaying the flag prominently)?

I've occasionally looked at some of the satellite services available here but was never looking for NHL. Maybe have a look at the JSAT website to see if there is even a relevant channel available. Then it's a matter of getting a dish/receiver or finding somewhere that they've sold to, and asking about availability. The biggest challenge will be the time difference and find a place that opens early.

I understand Bourbon Street is opening at 5 AM on Superbowl Monday.

thanks

hey a Leaf fan - terrific! I have been a Leaf fan for years. I watch most of the Leaf games live from Toronto on TSN, CBC or Sportsnet. I live in Bang Sare (near Sattahip). A friend of mine who lives in Toronto has a "sling box" - some technology that sits between his tv and his pc. I logon to the the pc and watch live tv from toronto - fabulous. So if you have a friend somewhere in Toronto area and you are really keen, you can have your friend install the technology and you too can watch the blue and white. Let me know if you would like details - I would be pleased to pass along.

I also read in the Globe and Mail website where the Thai team played China in the Asian hockey tournament. China won 52-1 and outshot the Thais 97-7 - the Thai coach said he only had 40 players in all of Thailand to choose from - hockey needs some help here.

Thanks for the heads up

If you could give me some detail about the "box" it'll be great. I am really sick of Thai TV.

I knew they used to be ice at Central World afew years back when I was here, what happened?

Heheh wonder if I can make the thai team......

• 7 months later...
I feel your pain :D The closest I get to actually following a game is on NHL.com live radio broadcasts. They have all the games and being only sound you don't require a fast internet connection. (which you will never have here)

And yes, we may all be considered some of the finest hockey players in all off Thailand :o

:D Big fish in a small pond. I too was an aspiring young hockey player from Canada (Moose Jaw, no comments please). I played a season in the WHL. The only thing holding me back from moving on to the NHL was a severe case of "lack of talent". Currently living in an Isaan village so doubt any of the high tech suggestions will be of much help. Our 2 cans and a string internet system by no means is condusive to video steams or for that matter even sound only. Love the game and miss it here!

thanks

I'm happy to say that I watched at least 70 of last season's Leafs' games from the comfort of my condo near Pattaya. Ironically, I now get access to more ice hockey games in Thailand than I did when living in Canada. I don't see the games the same day -- usually about 24 hours later, but it's easy to avoid the scores and watch them as if they were live. One needs an ADSL connection to download them, but I don't think the moderators will let me say much more (as I would have to talk about other web sites and things like torrents). If anybody else would like more info/an invitation to the source, you can PM me. I must warn you that the number of invitations I have to join the best ice hockey access forum around is limited, so I can only help a few hockey-loving souls.

Edited by pattyboy

Nobody even cares about the NHL in the U.S. anymore (horrible television ratings lately), and I'm sure a tropical country wouldn't care much more. I believe they do play some games at Central World though (ice rink on the top floor, not sure if they still have the rink up there?). They have some sort of league and I've seen the hockey players later on at night walking to and fro in that building.

Nobody even cares about the NHL in the U.S. anymore (horrible television ratings lately), and I'm sure a tropical country wouldn't care much more. I believe they do play some games at Central World though (ice rink on the top floor, not sure if they still have the rink up there?). They have some sort of league and I've seen the hockey players later on at night walking to and fro in that building.

There is an Ice rink in Esplanade on Ratchada and one in Big C (former Imperial) Lard Prao, 2 actually one professional rink and one for everyone.

Waerth

thanks

I'm from Ottawa and was last in BKK during the Stanley CUP finals against the Ducks. Our only options were to watch it live off the internet. My friend had his own website back in ottawa with the game streaming from it. We just logged into his site from bkk and watched it there. But knowing how unreliable the high speeds are here, it may be a hit and miss. Worth a try though.

• 2 weeks later...