Minivan driver takes security man all the way home - under the wheels of his van

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, garryjohns said:

I agree fully about his reticence to stop and check under his van, but am curious as to why you think he should hang up his public bus driving and stick to his private driving.

He was only driving a van, ie a big car and not a bus in reality, but that aside this incident could have happened no matter if he was driving the public or just himself [as was the case anyway.]

yes, but there is a difference in driving your own van and driving a van with paying passengers. You can put yourself at risk or anybody who travels with you in your private vehicle but a public passenger van carries a lot more responsibility because you are accepting payment to transport them and you are then responsible for their safety. Why didn't he see the guards body in front of him? Why didn't he stop and check to see what he felt? It is possible that the guard may have been seriously injured by a previous incident and if this driver had of stopped then there could have been a possibility to save the guard.

4 hours ago, keithpa said:

You must give your vidence to the police. Or are you just talking ,you know what.

I said there were 5 possible scenarios of which we might know of one after the police collect evidence. If they do collect evidence. I didn't say any one of them was fact, so read carefully and shut ya trap. 

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I can imagine that if the body got jammed up close to the chassis, clothing tangled in the frame or something. That the limbs dangling down would create very little sound and there would be no effect on the drivability of the van. Maybe a younger and more switched on driver might have noticed, but a 72 year old security guard would have plausible deniability. I mean if the guy didn't notice a human on the road in front of him, there is likely a lot of things he wouldn't notice.

The 72 yr old security guard was the one under the van being dragged----- not the driver !!!

9 hours ago, greenchair said:

In a couple of days we might get the truth. 

1. The driver of another vehicle hit him and escaped the scene. 

2.he was already dead and made to look like an accident. 

3. Suicide 

4. The van driver hit him, absconded the scene, and had to make a new story upon discovering the body at home. 

5.UM

As in so many cases, will we ever know the truth ?.

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I can imagine that if the body got jammed up close to the chassis, clothing tangled in the frame or something. That the limbs dangling down would create very little sound and there would be no effect on the drivability of the van. Maybe a younger and more switched on driver might have noticed, but a 72 year old security guard would have plausible deniability. I mean if the guy didn't notice a human on the road in front of him, there is likely a lot of things he wouldn't notice.

We're talking about a van and there wasn't even enough room for the guard to go right under the van, he was protruding out of the front of the van above the shoulders. There would be a possibility that his shoes or boots would bounce from the road and hit the underfloor of the van which would give you an unknown knocking noise until they were ripped off

11 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Might have been already dead, or unconscious. Still it is pretty shocking to not see body on the ground in front of you.

Age 72 & still driving a mini-van raises some serious questions !

having seen a motorcycle in the road & running over something you'd think common sense would have made him to actually get out & check all was well... but as usual a quick check in the rear view mirror of a mini-van.. which shows nothing seemed appropriate behaviour !

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Age 72 & still driving a mini-van raises some serious questions !

having seen a motorcycle in the road & running over something you'd think common sense would have made him to actually get out & check all was well... but as usual a quick check in the rear view mirror of a mini-van.. which shows nothing seemed appropriate behaviour !

Age 72 does not raise any serious questions except that the mini-van is a public transport mini-bus. I'm 73 and I still drive a pick up. So do you think I should not be allowed to drive anymore?

I believe that it is time for him to stop driving a public passenger mini-bus but not stop driving completely

2 minutes ago, Buzzboy05 said:

Driver not see body on road , he was looking at the motorcycle.

Yes, that is possible which would be all the more reason to stop when you felt a bump because you only saw the motorbike but no rider

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Yes, that is possible which would be all the more reason to stop when you felt a bump because you only saw the motorbike but no rider

Definitely should have stoped when you not see anything in mirror, was it light or dark? definatley should not have hapened.

11 hours ago, greenchair said:

3. Suicide 

4. The van driver hit him, absconded the scene, and had to make a new story upon discovering the body at home. 

5.UM

I'm picking suicide.

10 minutes ago, Buzzboy05 said:

Definitely should have stoped when you not see anything in mirror, was it light or dark? definatley should not have hapened.

The only picture is after he got home and the police had arrived and that is night time but it does not say the time

3 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Not a very astute or observant security guard. 

No one knows what happened to the security guard but the police did not find any damage to the van to indicate an accident with the guards bike and even the driver of the van said that he saw the bike laying on its side. So it is not a case of the guard not being astute or observant.

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

No one knows what happened to the security guard but the police did not find any damage to the van to indicate an accident with the guards bike and even the driver of the van said that he saw the bike laying on its side. So it is not a case of the guard not being astute or observant.

OK. Then I will change my comment to "Not a very diligent or caring security guard".  Didn't see the body on the road?  Didn't get out to investigate what he hit or drove over? 

1 minute ago, gk10002000 said:

OK. Then I will change my comment to "Not a very diligent or caring security guard".  Didn't see the body on the road?  Didn't get out to investigate what he hit or drove over? 

No, you have it all wrong.

It was the security guard who was on the road

The driver of the van saw the security guards motorbike laying on its side and he felt something with his van and checked his review mirrors and saw nothing so continued to his home where he found the body of the guard protruding out the front of his van. It is possible that the van driver was looking at the bike when he felt that bump which would be the guards body.

You should really read the main story before you make assumptions of what has happened

30 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

No, you have it all wrong.

It was the security guard who was on the road

The driver of the van saw the security guards motorbike laying on its side and he felt something with his van and checked his review mirrors and saw nothing so continued to his home where he found the body of the guard protruding out the front of his van. It is possible that the van driver was looking at the bike when he felt that bump which would be the guards body.

You should really read the main story before you make assumptions of what has happened

Everyone is so full of obscure theories and really down on the driver. Very possible the bump he felt was dismissed as part of the bike laying on the road and certainly his attention may have been on the bike at the time. Has anyone asked him as yet and reported that he felt and assumed at the time - nope. 

Bloody Tragic !!! …. It happens though I guess, … Very Tragically on occasion.

My Mother is 85 and still driving, .. VERY CAREFULLY, … as she knows if she has an accident, it probably will be her last, as they will take her License away from her.

A chronic drunk in Adelaide Australia, knocked a Cyclist of his Bike, and the Poor guy got his rucksack caught on the Drunks large oversized, side mirror, it was a Tray Top Ute, ... and the Drunk just drove erratically for Oh ? 10 Km I think, weaving, ... and dragging the Guy to his Naked Death … and well it was left Open whether he was so drunk, he did not know, …  or was he just Trying to shake him off !!!

His Ute was eventually found outside the Local Pub, ... and the Drunk was stopped, as he just tried to hang himself from a tree, outside town !!! .... I guess that he had sobered up, and realized that the hangover was going to be a lot LOT worse than usual. 

Still, there was the Drunk Judge, that killed a Bicycle rider, in about the same spot, … and then he just did not stop, and drove to his Brothers place nearby, and Hid … while he sobered up .... And he got off !!! .. (I guess that he has a Good Lawyer, Right !!!) …  Much to the Entire communities Dismay !!!

15 hours ago, greenchair said:

3. Suicide 

5.UM

I will go with No 1   but would rather have a few more possibilities to choose from................:w00t:

23 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Driving 3 km with a body under the van without realizing it!!!

Seen many idiotic drivers in Thailand but this man must take the 1st. price.

or this for 1st 

She gave evidence that he was neither intoxicated nor suffering from any illness. She said he was an experienced rider who would not have had an accident. yer right.

In some countries drivers are taken to court for failing to stop at the scene of a crash in which they are involved. And a "500baht fine plus a wai" (or a transition to orange robes) will not absolve them.

Edited by lvr181
Grammar correction