Songkran In Bangkok

Jingthing

I live in Pattaya and hate Songkran in Pattaya. So I really hate Songkran in Chiang Mai.

However, I don't want to leave the country. Is it true that the water throwing in Bangkok is restricted to zoned areas like Khao San Road? If so, what are the exact areas to avoid?

If you get a taxi from your doorstep to one of the shopping malls you should be able to stay dry. But if your out and about on the streets away from the tourist areas there are still the kids with water guns , people throwing water from their houses and passing trucks to contend with.

First time I thought it was a bit of a jolly old wotsits....second time seemed to get tedious,3rd was a...complete P.In The A....and there was NO 4th ....

have since avoided the place at SK ever since.... :o ....

Nope. It's water flinging all the way around ours. I imagine it is worse in KSR, but i goes on day and night along our small(ish) soi. I think you either have to hole up at home for the three days or brave it.

It's worse in SamutPrakarn, last year looks like a war zone ... and not a single farang onsight.