Korat farmer killed by his own tractor

Jonathan Fairfield

Korat farmer killed by his own tractor

tr2.jpg

A Pak Chong, Korat, farmer who apparently left his tractor in gear was killed after being run over and crushed on Sunday.

Horm Talatpru, 65, had been lubricating some parts on his 30 year old tractor ahead of some plowing work due to be undertaken on his corn fields today.

His wife Thongsuk, 64, was preparing food in the kitchen of their home when she heard a loud crash, Thai Rath reported.

She ran out to see the tractor had hit a garage support and collided with a pile of cut logs.

Her husband was already dead underneath.

Pak Chong cops believed the farmer was standing by a rear wheel when he leaned in and started the engine. But he had left the vehicle in gear and was run over and killed. 

The accident happened in the village of Sap Noi in Wang Sai sub-district of Pak Chong. 

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-04

Most tractors now have a safety factor where the engine cannot be started unless the clutch is depressed (&a I don't mean unhappy). Obviously not in this case, or a bypass had been used. I stop my guys trying to bypas safety fittings all the time.

Growing up in farm country and having driven tractors with them behind me, disc harrows have always given me the chills. Got them looking at this picture. not a good way to go, but at least he didn't get caught by the harrow. RIP and condolences to his family. 

15 hours ago, Sir Swagman said:

Most tractors now have a safety factor where the engine cannot be started unless the clutch is depressed (&a I don't mean unhappy). Obviously not in this case, or a bypass had been used. I stop my guys trying to bypas safety fittings all the time.

in a 30 year old Tractor are no safety Features build in . getting careless it will kill.