Seeking a UK Passport Photo Shop/Photographer/Booth in Bangkok

I'm a UK citizen living in Isaan.  I will be renewing my British passport soon.  I note that the UK passport photo requirements are very specific and frankly beyond the capabilities of our local photo/print shop.  So, I'll need to prepare my photos in Bangkok.

Under the circumstances I'd be grateful if any members have any experience and can recommend a good photo/print shop or photographer in Bangkok (preferably not too far from the Trendy Building, Sukhumvit Soi 13) who'll probably get things right first time for a modest fee.  Accessible premises would be a help too.  I'm old and past my best so steep stairs and steps are a no go for me.

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

There used to be a photographers between Sukhumvit soi 5 and 9. I'm sure they would be able to do it if they're still there.

I got mine done at Zeer, Rangsit (A bit far out for you) They had a list of all the sizes required, I suspect the Sukhumvit shop would be the same.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

There are shops within the Trendy building that do them , on the ground floor .

If you can, take a copy of the requirements , which can be downloaded from the UK Gov site

I was hoping there might be a shop or two there.  Pleased to read that there is.  Thanks for the info.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I would think you could find someplace to do them where you are living.

Just print this page to show to them that has examples and the correct sizes. https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

Thanks for the link.

5 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

There used to be a photographers between Sukhumvit soi 5 and 9. I'm sure they would be able to do it if they're still there.

I got mine done at Zeer, Rangsit (A bit far out for you) They had a list of all the sizes required, I suspect the Sukhumvit shop would be the same.

Thanks for the useful info.

On 12/13/2017 at 7:15 PM, Horatio Poke said:

I was hoping there might be a shop or two there.  Pleased to read that there is.  Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the useful info.

A belated note of caution. I get the impression that the practice of most professional photographers here in LOS is to photoshop background colours, which, in the case of UK passport renewals, would appear to be in violation of the HMPO rule that the photo must not be altered by computer software.

Although I have never had photos taken here for UK passport renewal purposes, the photos which I have obtained for retirement extension and re-entry permit purposes have generally shown me against a turquoise background which bears little resemblance to the actual colour of the background against which the photos were taken.

I don't know whether any problems have arisen in practice from the submission of photos with the required plain cream or light grey background colours photoshopped - or, indeed, whether HMPO have any means of detecting such photoshopping. But unless others can confirm on the basis of personal experience that they have not encountered any problems with photoshopped photos in practice, I would strongly advise you to check that whichever photographer you are minded to use is capable of taking photos against an actual physical plain cream or light grey background.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

As I said before. The shops I used had a chart with sizes and background colour requirements on them. When having the photo taken, they just changed the colour of the backdrop. I don't believe anything was photoshopped. I recently renewed my British passport without a problem. But as OJAS suggested, check first.

• Like 1

Further to a PM exchange which I have just had with another Thaivisa member whose wife has recently renewed her British passport, it would appear unlikely, based on her experience, that HMPO would object to the submission of photos with the background photoshopped to accord with their specific colour requirements. The important thing to ensure, I suspect, is that the facial image should not be altered with computer software since this might otherwise lead to difficulties in using the new passport subsequently to enter or exit a particular country.