Traditional Thai Houses

PETERTHEEATER

I'm looking for a contact address for companies located in Thailand who design, manufacture and assemble Thai traditional houses.

There used to be a company based in Ang Thong but I cannot seem to locate them through my contacts.

Can anyone point me at a website or other addresses including any sites in Northern Thailand some of whom resell traditional style wood houses for dismantling and erection elsewhere? :o

If you want a kit there is a company outside Ratchaburi that sells them. If you come from the Nakorn Pathom direction, turn left towards the "floating market" in the intersection with a sign towards the fl. mkt.

Drive through the first village where the road makes a 90 degree turn to the right. Continue another 5-6km to the next village (sorry, can't remember the name) where you turn left. Straight on for another 10km and you will see it on your right hand side.

But a cheaper option is supposed to be to find one that you like somewhere up north and trade it for a new concrete house. The concrete houses is some kind of status thing so some people are supposedly willing to trade old teak houses for a new ugly concrete house.

The old traditional houses are made of thick wood, good quality planks etc. New ones are more of a cheat with thin planks, nails instead of wood plugs etc etc.

Thanks for that Ka; I have (wife's) relatives in Rachaburi so I can call in on the company on my next visit and see what they have to offer. Better still, I will send the wife with her sister and they can decide. :o

re traditional houses...if you are ever in Suphan Buri head south out of the town on the 3260 country road and you will find a number of carpenters assembling roof structures for traditional thai houses that you can see from the road. Continue down the road and you can see a number of excellent architectural specimens set back among the paddies with mature trees providing shade and good conditions for cool air circulation. Take hiway 340 from BKK to Suphan Buri town then dbbl back on the 3260 country road. Faboulous traditional architecture in an otherwise featureless place...

Thanks to tututsi, deDanen and vodaone for your leads. I need to go to Suphan in OCT so I will check out the area. Already found the Chiengmai re-sale site; has potential; will take a look at cvsthailand site too. :o

• 3 years later...
I'm looking for a contact address for companies located in Thailand who design, manufacture and assemble Thai traditional houses.

There used to be a company based in Ang Thong but I cannot seem to locate them through my contacts.

Can anyone point me at a website or other addresses including any sites in Northern Thailand some of whom resell traditional style wood houses for dismantling and erection elsewhere? :o

I know this is an old post, but would be keen to know how your searching went