More flooding headaches as "unseasonal" rains catch Pattaya by surprise

rooster59

560000013119001.JPEG

Image: Manager

Manager reported that many roads in Pattaya were submerged in floodwater after a late night storm out of season surprised the Bang Lamung area.

Though the rain was only falling for a hour it caused extensive flooding that remained on the road.

They said many roads were impassable with flood waters up to 50 centimeters in places.

And as some of the waters began to recede came pictures of the huge amount of accompanying rubbish littering the area's streets.

Manager said in their headlines that Pattaya folk were fed up and were calling on the authorities to sort out the problems of floodwater not draining away once and for all. 

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-16

You think they would have solved the water drainage garbage disposal problem. Make littering a crime like in Singapore. About 5,000,000 outdoor trash disposal containers would help a lot as in Singapore. Teach Thai people not to litter. Thai people are terrible litterers. If  litterers see trash cans, 8 out of 10 won't litter. Litter screens and employees to clean them would keep most of the trash out of the ocean and off the beach. These solution could be used nationwide. Litter is everywhere in Thailand.

Edited by themerg

Just think how many cigerette butts(and Pooh) washed out to sea from all over town off the roads.   I have seen the waste on the beaches around town its pretty bad.  Its also really bad how much human waste(sewage) is being dumped into the sea here untreated. 

Go to the bottom on Kasetsin by the sailing club and it flows like a river ontop of the road to the low point when theres no rain.

Go hire a boat or fly a drone and inspect Jomtien at the last set of lights off the beach road heading to the end and about 500 meters from shore theres a fountain of black water pumping it out, you'll know the spot when you see no waves and black water bumbling, and if your unsure use your nose.  

If I even think about stopping by the beach down near beach road, I vomit.

I remember reading a report on how unfit the water was for humans to be in a few months back, but I have never once seen a sign or a public warning out.  Whats the water like now...

43 million USD for a Yaht show this year, too bad they didnt cancel that or half that and put the money in infrastruture for the future of the sea for all to see for another generation.

And not a DROP in Jomtien!  I think God is unhappy with Pattaya.

:shock1:

Yes God punished the sexpats with flooding so they had to spend one more hour inside the soapy massage place.

On 12/16/2017 at 8:50 AM, rooster59 said:

If the rains had been "Seasonal" would it have still flooded?

Is it because the rains "caught Pattaya by surprise" - Is that why it flooded?

Idiotic headline.