Looking for this little part

hugocnx

Nana Screw do have them...try the one around the outside corner of the moat heading towards Kamthieng market. Nana inside the moat don't have a great selection of much...

I was in there a few days ago and saw them...towards the back of the shop on the right hand side. Commonly called a hose clamp...spring steel with no grub screw mechanical action.

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

And for those who don't know.

Despite its looks it's not jewellery or a medical appliance, it's a type of hose clip.

Yes, that's right. Thank you. These clamps are best in high pressure applications.

4 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

Nana Screw do have them...try the one around the outside corner of the moat heading towards Kamthieng market. Nana inside the moat don't have a great selection of much...

I was in there a few days ago and saw them...towards the back of the shop on the right hand side. Commonly called a hose clamp...spring steel with no grub screw mechanical action.

Funny but possible. I was there two weeks ago and the best they had was this. Is this what you saw?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hose clamps

But not strong enough. That was at the Nana outside moat. Better go back there with a picture. Might help better than my Thai language skills.

Thank you CMKiwi.

Edited by hugocnx

Sorry Hugocnx...

you are correct.  What I saw was the second type of hose clip. I remember those little 'wing' type pieces off the clip.

They are quite strong although I'm not sure which application you want them for. Certainly a variety of sizes at Nana.

Going toward Doi Saket on Road 118, turn left at Road 1367, sign is in Thai, on left you will see a outdoor small fruit stand before 7-11. Across from fruit stand is a Thai hardware store. Hard ware store is like Ace and True Value in USA. Park your car, get out and walk. you will not find it driving unless you can read Thai. Store does not look like anything from the outside. 

17 hours ago, hugocnx said:

Funny but possible. I was there two weeks ago and the best they had was this. Is this what you saw?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor hose clamps

But not strong enough. That was at the Nana outside moat. Better go back there with a picture. Might help better than my Thai language skills.

Thank you CMKiwi.

I have a couple on my motorbike holding the rubber fuel pipe from the fuel tap to the carburettor.

Nasty fiddly things fo fit if you have big fingers.

15 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

Sorry Hugocnx...

you are correct.  What I saw was the second type of hose clip. I remember those little 'wing' type pieces off the clip.

They are quite strong although I'm not sure which application you want them for. Certainly a variety of sizes at Nana.

The clamps are for 10 bar hot water hose in an espresso machine. The Nana clamps expand easily under this pressure. Future electronics failed miserably trying to fix it with two copper wires, but fixed it so thight that they damaged the hose. Warranty on repair, taking resposibility??? forget it. Never going back there. Bunch of nose eaters.

Hillkoff stays arrogant and won't repair machines bought elsewhere; now have Yok taking a look at it, but have my doubts. Mai mee, mai dai.

Edited by hugocnx

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have a couple on my motorbike holding the rubber fuel pipe from the fuel tap to the carburettor.

Nasty fiddly things fo fit if you have big fingers.

Well, same in my espresso machine. No room to move in two pliers so double ear clamps won't work, must be single ear.

Edited by hugocnx

Can you fit a screwdriver in ?  If so they make worm gear hose clamps designed for silicone hose. Have an extra band inside, all smooth, so the soft hose will not get squeezed into the holes on a standard gear clamp. Will they stand 10 bar ? That I can not say. But stronger than regular worm gear hose clamps. Available in all stainless too - including the worm wheel.

hose clamp.jpg

Yep the clip in op I have found numerous times mainly on vacuum/vent hoses and some fuel lines on cars and motorbikes, I always change them over to a Jubilee clip (as above post - thats the name of them in UK anyway) A jubilee clip is easier to use and makes for a better clamp.

55 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Can you fit a screwdriver in ?  If so they make worm gear hose clamps designed for silicone hose. Have an extra band inside, all smooth, so the soft hose will not get squeezed into the holes on a standard gear clamp. Will they stand 10 bar ? That I can not say. But stronger than regular worm gear hose clamps. Available in all stainless too - including the worm wheel.

hose clamp.jpg

These would certainly do the job too, but the pain is in getting them small ones of 6-7 mm diameter.

Cheers. 

On 12/27/2017 at 2:49 PM, CMKiwi said:

I think I would suggest buying the crimp tool needed to tighten the clamp.  It is surprising how many people don't know about such simple things. 

By the sound of it the original clamp is beyond repair and some clowns also wrecked the high pressure hose the clamp was attached to.

It (The expresso machine) may need major surgery now with a new hose and new clamps etc.  I expect due to the hose being in an awkward spot a bit of dismantling will be required.

This will probably lead to getting a crimping tool and crimping clamp attachments.

Sometimes the easiest jobs turn into the most time consuming!

3 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

By the sound of it the original clamp is beyond repair and some clowns also wrecked the high pressure hose the clamp was attached to.

It (The expresso machine) may need major surgery now with a new hose and new clamps etc.  I expect due to the hose being in an awkward spot a bit of dismantling will be required.

This will probably lead to getting a crimping tool and crimping clamp attachments.

Sometimes the easiest jobs turn into the most time consuming!

No CMKiwi, I just need the clamps and the rest is a p.o.c.

Case solved.

If it was not for the left hand not knowing what the right hand does, I wouldn't even have posted this topic.

I brought my espresso machine to Yok befor Xmas. The 'technician' at work said he would check it out, gave me a repair ticket and said he call me back. So, he did not (of course) and I went over there to find out myself. Seems they just have the little gems in stock. Duh...

Not Oetiker quality but still, got them. 138 Baht a piece.