Non Imm O Multiple at HCMC?

Hi All,

A quick question, can you get a Non Imm O Multiple in Ho Chi Minh? If so what are the requirements and how long does it take?

I did search the forum but the info is a little dated and want to ensure I have the latest details before committing to renewing there .

Thanks in advance.

Paddy 

I assume you want a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage which as far as I know is only one they will issue.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her. A short letter from your wife requesting you be issued the visa and that your are still married.

Apply the morning of one day and pick up the next afternoon.

Thanks very much guys for the info, a few more questions please: 

Looking at the website they say the copy of the Thai Spouse ID and House Book must be certified, I presume they mean just signed? 

Also is it ok that I go alone and not have the wife with me? The marriage cert is from a European country so I don't need translated version do I? 

Lastly, is there no financial requirements at HCMC? I thought Savannakhet was the only regional embassy that had no financial requirements? I have a bank book with over 500k in it so do I need to bring it along?

Thanks again and I will report back once I complete the visa application.

9 minutes ago, paddy said:

Looking at the website they say the copy of the Thai Spouse ID and House Book must be certified, I presume they mean just signed? 

It means copies signed by her.

Also is it ok that I go alone and not have the wife with me? The marriage cert is from a European country so I don't need translated version do I? 

You can go alone. Translation is needed if the marriage certificate is not in English.

Lastly, is there no financial requirements at HCMC? I thought Savannakhet was the only regional embassy that had no financial requirements? I have a bank book with over 500k in it so do I need to bring it along?

No financial proof is needed according to recent reports.

Reports for HCMC doing them is fairly recent.

2 hours ago, paddy said:

Thanks very much guys for the info, a few more questions please: 

Thanks again and I will report back once I complete the visa application.

i used an english marriage cert earlier in the year in Savannaket, didn't need translation. Not sure about HCMC but could you let us know when you find out please

**apologies just realized that UJ said if not in english

Edited by Happy enough
mistake

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, bkkandy1308 said:

To the OP or anyone else with recent experience, does anyone have up-to-date information about the financial requirements for HCMC? Also, is it possible to obtain a single entry here? 

Many thanks,

Andy.

the recent reports are that no financial requirements are needed and no one has ever came back to say they have experienced any different so i would say it's safe to assume this is still the case. not sure about your second point but i think they only do multi but someone else may be able to clarify

14 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

not sure about your second point but i think they only do multi but someone else may be able to clarify

If a embassy or consulate will issue a multiple entry visa they will certainly issue a single entry visa. No reason for them not to.

3 hours ago, wildpikey said:

Although, If you are going to bother going there at all and stand in the line and wait, for a little extra money I would definitely get the "multi" option...

Anyone got any idea what the wait is there?    Busy consulate??

last time i was there was year before last for biz visa. it was pretty much empty. 2 people there. it's tiny. can't see there being much difference now

**apologies, was for a non o also. had the evidence of funds that time as thought i needed them, was refused because of unclear photo in my passport due to water damage. didn't even get to the stage of checking my form. i had used that passport for a long time at different places that didn't pick up on that i might add including going through airports etc. it was actually around january 2016. if it's anything like that, which i am told it is then its not busy at all

Edited by Happy enough

Guys, where can I download the correct Non Imm O Visa application form for HCMC, I went to the website and downloaded the one and only form they have for applying for a visa http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886 but it doesn't look like any other previous Non Imm O forms I have filled out.

Thanks as I plan to apply soon and will report back here on my experience there. Paddy