Four killed and 15 others injured in two-car collision in Si Sa Ket 

webfact

Four killed and 15 others injured in two-car collision in Si Sa Ket 

By Thai PBS

crash.jpg

Four persons were killed and 15 others sustained injuries after two pick up trucks collided in Si Sa Ket’s Kantharalak district yesterday (Dec 28).

Kantharalak district police said initial questioning revealed that the collision happened after Sutin Inchuen, a driver of one pick up truck, swerved to avoid hitting a dog but lost control and crashed on the side of an oncoming pickup truck, driven Cham Saisuna, on Kantharalak-Ban Don Ao road.

Sutin and three other passengers in his vehicle died at the scene, while 12 other passengers injured.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/four-killed-15-others-injured-two-car-collision-si-sa-ket/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-29

57 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

41 dead first day.

Road accident statistics for yesterday have just been released. 41 people died and 500 injured in 477 accidents on the first day of the new year holiday. Main cause of accidents was drunk driving (Via Spring News) #Thailand pic.twitter.com/jGw6au

41 too many but 1 down on last year.

I would be interested to know if the 4 people killed were sitting inside the car or in the rear.

From the way it looks in the pic the people in the rear may have been only injured.

The authorities gave permission that it was okay to ride in the back over the new year holidays, after that the law would be reimposed again. They should have thrown a net over the people sitting in the rear then they wouldn't have gone flying.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Kantharalak district police said initial questioning revealed that the collision happened after Sutin Inchuen, a driver of one pick up truck, swerved to avoid hitting a dog but lost control and crashed on the side of an oncoming pickup truck, driven Cham Saisuna, on Kantharalak-Ban Don Ao road.

Four dead, fifteen injured but could have been more, and one dog . . . all because of Thailand's couldn't give a shit approach to stray dogs. My son got it right when, during a recent visit to a couple of wats, he quipped, "I don't know about God . . . they should call this place 'the Kingdom of Dog!' I thought 'nice one, son; you got it in one.'

How's this for a new forum thread? . . . Government should appoint dog wardens to keep ALL un-tethered dogs off roads and sois. Stun-dart them; load 'em on the truck and take the carcasses to a special incinerator for burning into agricultural phosphates. Stray dogs in Thailand are a real hazard, not only to motorists but to cyclists and scooterists around the villages.

3 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

I would be interested to know if the 4 people killed were sitting inside the car or in the rear.

From the way it looks in the pic the people in the rear may have been only injured.

The authorities gave permission that it was okay to ride in the back over the new year holidays, after that the law would be reimposed again. They should have thrown a net over the people sitting in the rear then they wouldn't have gone flying.

What law reimposed It all b/s They will never enforce this law Pack of idiots

Amazing Thailand. Land of Stupid regulators. How many articles have we read recently about reducing people in pick ups Then recently reading from a politician in charge of road rules " Oh its a happy season so we will relax those rules". Gee whiz hope one of those  involved is a relative of this moron! Aside from the fact Cops must be so confused about what rule on road rules as it changes weekly! Sack the lot of Government regulators. They could not run a  chook raffle among the lot of these regulators!

9 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

Amazing Thailand. Land of Stupid regulators. How many articles have we read recently about reducing people in pick ups Then recently reading from a politician in charge of road rules " Oh its a happy season so we will relax those rules". Gee whiz hope one of those  involved is a relative of this moron! Aside from the fact Cops must be so confused about what rule on road rules as it changes weekly! Sack the lot of Government regulators. They could not run a  chook raffle among the lot of these regulators!

The cops are not confused They are just to lazy to enforce the rules so they are happy now they dont have to Not that they were ever going to enforce them

Kingdom of dogs not dog...english lessons required....

can the dog story be verified since it seems those killed were in the cab? 

When  I see a dog,  I anticipate breaking...

you only swerve if going too fast and proper training tells you don't swerve if a dog jumps out last second....cost benefit analysis...lack of training...

consider you  have the responsibility of 19 people in your hands....

driver completely at fault not dog - a road hazard that you prepare for ahead of time...

Edited by cardinalblue

The figures do not add up.

On 12/29/2017 at 11:29 AM, webfact said:

Four persons were killed and 15 others sustained injuries after two pick up trucks collided in Si Sa Ket’s Kantharalak district yesterday

On 12/29/2017 at 11:29 AM, webfact said:

Sutin and three other passengers in his vehicle died at the scene, while 12 other passengers injured.

18 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

The figures do not add up.

The missing 3 are mentioned in the full story if you click the link.

Mr Cham and two passengers in his vehicle, including his wife and his child, were also injured.

On 12/29/2017 at 4:26 PM, natway09 said:

Anyone else notice General P on the front page of a National Newspaper yesterday

on an electric motorbike with no helmet

Even at that level no example set

He's sitting on an electric motorbike, and we sit on a bomb. 

RIP and my sincere condolences to the families of the deceased and a hopefully speedy and fully recovery for the injured ones. If you know the Kantharalak hospital, you'll know how bad their chances are if they have serious injuries. 

Edited by jenny2017

4 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

He's sitting on an electric motorbike, and we sit on a bomb. 

RIP and my sincere condolences to the families of the deceased and a hopefully speedy and fully recovery for the injured ones. If you know the Kantharalak hospital, you'll know how bad their chances are if they have serious injuries. 

Are u in Si Sa Ket jenny I am in Ubonratchathani 

On 12/30/2017 at 9:30 AM, cardinalblue said:

Kingdom of dogs not dog...english lessons required....

can the dog story be verified since it seems those killed were in the cab? 

When  I see a dog,  I anticipate breaking...

you only swerve if going too fast and proper training tells you don't swerve if a dog jumps out last second....cost benefit analysis...lack of training...

consider you  have the responsibility of 19 people in your hands....

driver completely at fault not dog - a road hazard that you prepare for ahead of time...

If you are going to be snotty about English, better be ruthlessly correct with yer own spelling?!  

Personally I think language is for communicating, not for pedagogues, so no worries

{braking, not breaking}