Fertilizer For Rubber Trees

guyshown

buriramboy- thanks for the reply could you also ask what is the percent for expample 15 -15-15 or 7-15-30 etc. Also thai person might say something like "buey kim" . and about how much did you apply.

On my place right now we have been using a liquid fertilzer takes about 6 bottles to treat 40 rai the bottle are small about a liter and we mix one bottle to one tank water for the backpack sprayer. each bottle cost 160 baht. we have been applying once a month and the same day turn on the drip lines.

once again thanks all

Guyshown

I'll bite....what's in the bottles that 6 litres will magically treat 40 rai.

40 rai is 64,000 square metres and 6 litres is 6000 millilitres...that comes out to about 94 microlitres per square metre!!!! If rubber trees are planted on a 3 metre square grid that comes to about 850 microlitres per tree (almost one millilitre per tree).....that must be some strong stuff....or.....what the heck is it anyway?

Chownah

Edited by chownah

40 rai is 64,000 square metres and 6 litres is 6000 millilitres...that comes out to about 94 microlitres per square metre!!!! If rubber trees are planted on a 3 metre square grid that comes to about 850 microlitres per tree (almost one millilitre per tree).....that must be some strong stuff....or.....what the heck is it anyway?

Chownah

Chownah-- DID YOU EVER THINK THAT I AM ASKING FOR ADVICE BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN WHAT I AM CURRENTLY USEING!!! :o AND AS I SAID BEFORE WE ARE MIXING ONE BOTTLE TO ONE TANK ON THE BACK PACK SPRAYER AND APPLYING STRAIGHT TO THE SOIL AROUND THE TREE.

Chownah

Chownah-- DID YOU EVER THINK THAT I AM ASKING FOR ADVICE BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN WHAT I AM CURRENTLY USEING!!! :o AND AS I SAID BEFORE WE ARE MIXING ONE BOTTLE TO ONE TANK ON THE BACK PACK SPRAYER AND APPLYING STRAIGHT TO THE SOIL AROUND THE TREE.

Guyshown,

All capitols usually means that someone is shouting and there is really no reason to shout at me. If I knew that you didn't believe in the stuff you were using I might still make the same post....it isn't meant to be insulting....do you know what is in it?....where did you get it?....for all I know it has some benefits.....I've heard of many recipes for "special" fertilizers and "bio activiators" and have actually tried some but never had any notable success with them....but I'm always open to trying new things and don't pretend that I have found all the answers.

I would also like to point out that you STILL have not said directly that you do not have faith in what you are using....why not just come out and say it so we know instead of talking all around this issue so that we have to guess about these things?...of course its up to you to post whatever you think is appropriate so there is no reason to say it just because I ask the question.....I'm trying to be helpful here whether you realize it or not.....and.....just to directly answer your question...No, I did not ever think that you were asking advice because you didn't believe in what you are currently using....it never occured to me at all....I figure that if this were the case you would mention it.

Like we said in the 60's, "Peace Bro."

Chownah

Edited by chownah

Guyshown,

No problem. Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping that someone in the know comes on and posts some good information about the usual fertilizers used for rubber trees. I do organic farming and it seems like it would take alot of manure or compost to make a big impact but any amount would help. Since the trees are so small maybe you could plant a legume cover crop between and around them. I'm not sure if you know about legumes. They are plants that have nodules on their roots where bacteria live in a symbiotic relationship with the plants. The plants roots develop nodules which are good places for the bacteria to live and the plant also provides certain nutrients to the bacteria in the nodule while the bacteria take nitrogen out of the air and change it to a form that the plants can assimilate. Most of the nitrogen obtained in this way gets used by the legume but when the legume is plowed in this nitrogen gets released in the soil so other plants can use it...like your rubber tree. In addition to to nitrogen you get an increase in the organic matter in the soil which holds nutrients and helps to keep them from leaching away, improves the permeability of the soil, reduces erosion, promotes a diverse micro flora and fauna in the soil to help control pathogens, and helps to create a soil chemistry which dissolves some soil minerals which makes them available for plant uptake. I believe that all of these benefits are acknowledged even by non-organic farm experts so I hope that this is not seen as just the rantings of an organic farming fanatic. There is a cost to plant and plow in the cover crop so its not like you are getting something for free...and I have seen some rubber tree plantations where the slope was too steep to do this so its not always even possible. I just thought I'd mention it as one possible strategy which could appreciably improve the soil quality over time.....increased soil organic matter also usually means more efficient utilization of artificial fertilizers...at least that is what I have heard although I have never used artificial fertilizers except for some house plants. If you decide you might want to try this you will need to read a bit about this idea because there are many different plants to choose from and you would need to learn how to plant and when to plow...etc. I almost forgot...there are also legume cover crops that you can grow without plowing them in...they are usually not as effective as the ones that are plowed in but it is less work and thus cheaper. If you want to look on the internet you could search using "cover crop" or "green manure".

Thanks again for your reply.

Chownah