167 people killed in road accidents for the first three days

rooster59

I wanted to be on the safe side this year and only drove to my wife's village to celebrate the countdown there, without driving anymore until the next day.I parked my car at a neighbors house and we thought we'd be okay. 

But even in the little village were accidents, in one were two drunk motorbike drivers were so injured that one broke his shoulder, the brake pedal of one bike went through his cheek, plus a few more injuries, while the other driver only had a complicated arm fracture.

The problem for us this year was that we were nowhere safe and should have stayed at home. People were driving in a way that I had to fear for my life to get home. Insane. 

So much about drivers in Isaan. 

Edited by jenny2017

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

seven years ago i believed the published statistics.......6 years ago i begin to question their numbers.....5 years a ago i called bs on every statistic......tourism numbers.....traffic fatalities....etc.....now it's all a joke.....remember martial law light......the baht could easily be the greatest short since the tulip......imo

1 hour ago, Coconutman said:

And one 10 ft snake i hit with my truck.. i would have missed it but the motorbike in the left land and a car to my right.

It felt and sounded like a tree log it was so big.

I hope you stopped and tried to save the poor thing, you should have given it mouth to mouth and CPR.

9 hours ago, Cereal said:

It's not so much the drinking and driving that kills; it's the drinking and driving like a flaming idiot that kills. In fact, you can eliminate the drinking part. It's the driving like a flaming idiot that kills.

Seriously, what can one possibly expect of a people with such a strong external locus of control?

I've mentioned this before as the main factor that must be changed before any serious reversal of road carnage can be envisioned.

And I add (said it before several times) there are several in my extended family who have two thoughts:

- It's all about khama and nothing more - therefore when you day comes up your dead.

- The best defense is to drive as fast as you can and get to the destination as fast as you and get off the road.

Is there any logic across these two points?

No, but don't ask if there's logic, it's not polite.

11 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Sad for the Thai people Lack of education and driving rules And a bloody useless police force  161 dead is 161 to many Very sad to hear I got my crystal ball out and i predict a huge day tomorrow 90 dead

You can't even quote the published figures correctly so I won't be hanging on your predictions with or without the crystal ball

11 hours ago, moe666 said:

Considering the added number of vehicles on the road during the holidays not a bad count of deaths. They have more just on a normal day. O, well they could get it down to 50 for the period and the folks who complain will continue to complain.

Is that what you call being grateful for small mercies

Edited by oldlakey

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Would need a huge amount of extra police to enforce it, far larger judicial system to process it, new jails to house the convicted etc etc,

I'm sure you'd be happy to pay twice as much for your vehicle registration fee to fund it, but I doubt the THAIS would be happy to do so, many of which make very little money.

I have no doubt that when the THAI people want to change things, they will do so.

Typical infantile nonsense from the devil take the hindmost crowd

The solution is simply just utilize correctly what you have 24 / 7

Even the Muppets will get the idea then, well sooner or later or will go look for another place of abode 555555555555555

On 31/12/2017 at 2:36 PM, Just1Voice said:

Come on, Thailand, that's a measly 55.66 a day.  I know you can get it up to 60 per day with just a little effort. lol

you are a heartless animal.

6 hours ago, oldlakey said:

You can't even quote the published figures correctly so I won't be hanging on your predictions with or without the crystal ball

Ok smarty pants Its 167 Made your day hey?  Then again people like you dont make mistakes do u?

1 hour ago, kevvy said:

you are a heartless animal.

These stats do not tell the whole count, as those who die later in hospital likely

are not added as that may hurt the tourism. Just saying!

I agree that this year will be another failure as drunk drivers seem like they

do not care if they kill anyone around them. Same goes for the speeders and

distracted  texter,  drivers. They all come armed with lame excuses if they survive

when their passengers do no. like brake failure, or swerved to miss a spirit or some

fake animal.

Geezer

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Ok smarty pants Its 167 Made your day hey?  Then again people like you dont make mistakes do u?

Rather touchy are we today

I would suggest you dont treat the subject so lightly, and in future show more respect for the dead

Crystal Ball indeed

It appears to me the second quote you used  was made to another member, care to explain  the use of it, not that it matters

image.png.78de4c4ed5f49ba390db48908a7725bf.png

Here is a breakdown and a comparison that I have done of the road carnage figures on a daily basis with a comparison total for the 7 days.

Please note, all deaths are recorded regardless of whether it happened at the scene of the accident or not. If someone died a few days later in hospital, they are added to the tally, as long as it is within the so-called “7 dangerous days”.

The information for this has been acquired from several source's including MSN, The National, Bangkok Post, ThaiVisa News and Richard Barrow

Edited by Russell17au

2 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Rather touchy are we today

I would suggest you dont treat the subject so lightly, and in future show more respect for the dead

Crystal Ball indeed

It appears to me the second quote you used  was made to another member, care to explain  the use of it, not that it matters

It appears u thrive on conflict  If your brain was not so focused on making fun of people the original point was  i am sad that 167 died that is 167 to many  I made the mistake of saying 161 Ok  the number was 167  i made a mistake  So i suggest you let it rest Game over

14 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

It appears u thrive on conflict  If your brain was not so focused on making fun of people the original point was  i am sad that 167 died that is 167 to many  I made the mistake of saying 161 Ok  the number was 167  i made a mistake  So i suggest you let it rest Game over

just ignore him, he is like a couple of others who think they are better than anyone else and must try and correct things as if they are perfect, I had one the other day who had to use the dictionary about what I said on a post but the thing that he did not realize was that people much higher and much smarter than him use the terms that I used.

Just now, Russell17au said:

just ignore him, he is like a couple of others who think they are better than anyone else and must try and correct things as if they are perfect, I had one the other day who had to use the dictionary about what I said on a post but the thing that he did not realize was that people much higher and much smarter than him use the terms that I used.

Russel i dont like people dying ok The point i was trying to  make ok i said the wrong number 161 it was 167 i made a mistake Would they not be be a joy to live with these perfect people lol

2 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Russel i dont like people dying ok The point i was trying to  make ok i said the wrong number 161 it was 167 i made a mistake Would they not be be a joy to live with these perfect people lol

mate, everyone makes mistakes and I could read what you were saying and the majority of others could also see what you meant so just forget him and do what I do and just don't answer them. Let's hope that you and your family have a Happy and Safe New Year

8 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

lol 

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

mate, everyone makes mistakes and I could read what you were saying and the majority of others could also see what you meant so just forget him and do what I do and just don't answer them. Let's hope that you and your family have a Happy and Safe New Year

thanks  i worked in a place with 400 guys back home an yeah i guess u get the odd ball out always trying to score browie points  Happy new year to you also  Oh by the way i am In Issan 

Just now, Happyman58 said:

thanks  i worked in a place with 400 guys back home an yeah i guess u get the odd ball out always trying to score browie points  Happy new year to you also  Oh by the way i am In Issan 

oops its brownie not browie lol better correct myself

8 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

These stats do not tell the whole count, as those who die later in hospital likely

are not added as that may hurt the tourism. Just saying!

I agree that this year will be another failure as drunk drivers seem like they

do not care if they kill anyone around them. Same goes for the speeders and

distracted  texter,  drivers. They all come armed with lame excuses if they survive

when their passengers do no. like brake failure, or swerved to miss a spirit or some

fake animal.

Geezer

Again that incorrect chestnut again.

7 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

The mistake of consequence you made my friend was not in the number of fatalities, it was the somewhat flippant comment about what was coming next and the crystal ball

I shall now withdraw as I believe thats the best thing I can do for us both

12 hours ago, oldlakey said:

The mistake of consequence you made my friend was not in the number of fatalities, it was the somewhat flippant comment about what was coming next and the crystal ball

I shall now withdraw as I believe thats the best thing I can do for us both

Agreed