Petition For Plarm

Pink Mist

probably but how, youd need names and addresses too at least I guess a forum with this much presence in LOS might do something

maybe we could send our details to one of the moderators on the condition of secrecy or something along those lines. Defenitely not trying to critisise the petition here at all.

My main concern is that this is a political game the pollies want to play. This government is slimey and we sort of have to recognise that. The ultimate decision will be based upon if there is enough, identifiable Australian voter support for Palm.

A bit like the refugee situation, when this government was locking up refugees (cause it was a vote winner), it also quitely let E.Timorese refugees stay in OZ and become permanent residents, even though East Timor had just become independent, as there was huge support for them to stay in the electorate.

Dave you signed in the wrong thread, can someone move it? :o

You are spot on Samran, the last election was won to a fair degree because of the refugee situation as it was presented to the voters, a situation later found not to be 100% kosher.

The present situation is different and the gov. are relying on this new budget for survival.

Iraq, the immigration issue, and kids in detention centres espescially are an embarrasment for jonnie and slobstone, so IMHO a well timed petition from a high profile Expats Forum in LOS, the target country for Plarm's deportation would get a lot of attention. I know it's only one issue but I reckon everything that takes the voters focus away from the budget would be a negative for howard.

Any thoughts? :D

IMHO a well timed petition from a high profile Expats Forum in LOS, the target country for Plarm's deportation would get a lot of attention. I know it's only one issue but I reckon everything that takes the voters focus away from the budget would be a negative for howard.

Any thoughts? :o

All I can really think of is if one of the moderators, via PM, takes our names and details and then can send off a letter for us. This keeps our identities secret from other members of the board, but it shows the government that this is something "real/identifiable" people care about.

This is an Australian thing, they pay tax's so they should say what they shell out for.

She is Thai so let the Thai People sort this out, or are you guys going to dig into YOUR pockets.

:o