dirt biking hazard

papa al

Many years ago we were green laning on our Honda Wave and met this big dog guarding his house territory who was running to greet up with a mouth full of sharp teeth showing. Too late to U turn, I opened up the throttle and rode straight at him, at the last moment I put my boot in his face and connected. So well it hurt my foot.

The few seconds he was stunned for, was just enough time to get the flock outer there, I was praying we were not going to meet a dead end. That put me off green laning for a while. 

I always wear shoes when riding, but MrsB was wearing slip ons at that time and still hasn't learned the lesson of the lucky escape that day.

Have had a few more dog encounters since, bit on a tarmac road the escape is easier. Still puts the shits up me, especially with a pillion.

On 06/01/2018 at 12:12 PM, kelboy said:

I  had a encounter with a monatar lizard on the wifes click ,not too much damage  to me or the bike as I landed on top of the Lizard. Only hurt my pride 555.

Starting a new sport Kelboy? Monitor lizard riding, sounds interesting, how long did you stay on, nothing to be ashamed of in that.