Unidentified man found dead inside burned car in Phayao

webfact

Unidentified man found dead inside burned car in Phayao

84c1d319f25af905d59213df320200d8-sld.jpe

An unidentified man was found dead inside a burning car on a village road in Phayao’s Pong district on Thursday night, police said.

Police were alerted at 7.25pm to a Toyota Soluna on fire on the main road in Ban Mai Sarapee village in Tambon Khoon Khuan.

A body was found inside the burning car when police, firefighters and members of a rescue foundation arrived at the scene.

A pile of burned clothes was found on the back seat.

Police said the man in the driver’s seat carried no identifying documents. He appeared to be in his 30s.

The body was sent for an autopsy to determine the cause of death and to aid in victim identification.

Police checked the car's licence plate and learned that the owner had sold it some time ago but the new owner had not changed ownership registration.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30335458

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-05

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Does the previous owner not know the name of the guy to whom he sold the car?  Even if he sold it to a dealer, the dealer should know the name of the new owner.   Or am I just forgetting where I am?

I was just looking at my Florida vehicle records online a couple days ago.

There's a 1972 Chevy pickup I bought in 1986 or so, that my brother totaled in 1988, and a 1996 Ford F150 that I sold in 2001 that the state of Florida says I still own????

I suppose this could just as easily happen in Thailand.