Food court money Oh dear

anon537687643

I was in a food court MBK 6th Floor waiting to top up card to purchase meal and in front was a lady of Asian origin, clearly not Thai as she wasn’t sure of her Thai money value! Anyway she handed over 1000 baht after looking at various notes and was give

a card value shown up as 100 baht . She just accepted and walked away! I looked at the cashier with a stern face and said “Ning Loi” as I handed my note bill! Incidentally there were no receipts issues there!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, markaoffy said:

! Anyway she handed over 1000 baht after looking at various notes and was give

a card value shown up as 100 baht . She just accepted and walked away! I

Why did you not say something to her?

Then you could have reported a good deed...........

I went to Makro yesterday with the Mrs. The change was 100 Bt. short, (it was 250 Bt. instead of 350 Bt.) We pointed this out to the cashier...she didn't dispute that she had given us 250 Bt. but insisted that was correct change. We did the calculations on our fingers in front of her and she agreed the change was 100 Bt. short. She gave it to us.....After I walked away for the second time from the till area I had another look at the receipt....and thete it was....immediately under the check out total, in small numbers is the... change due.

Glad I seen it...no more will it be necessary to make sure my nails are manicured when shopping there..Just mentioned this for people who didn't know it, like myself. So, it's easy to check your change by just glancing at the last fugures on the rceipt.

I went to Makro yesterday with the Mrs. The change was 100 Bt. short, (it was 250 Bt. instead of 350 Bt.) We pointed this out to the cashier...she didn't dispute that she had given us 250 Bt. but insisted that was correct change. We did the calculations on our fingers in front of her and she agreed the change was 100 Bt. short. She gave it to us.....After I walked away for the second time from the till area I had another look at the receipt....and thete it was....immediately under the check out total, in small numbers is the... change due.
   Glad I seen it...no more will it be necessary to make sure my nails are manicured when shopping there..Just mentioned this for people who didn't know it, like myself. So, it's easy to check your change by just glancing at the last fugures on the rceipt.

Thanks, That is definitely the thing to do every time.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So the only thing I remain confused about is why the stern look and say ning loi? I'm not sure the cashier would have understood either, is ning loi your way of writing 100 or would it be neung roi or loi neung? Were you rousing on her in some obscure way?

They try this all the time on me. Every time, they act as if nothing had happened and they didn't know what I wanted. So I tell them in Thai that I'll have to talk to their boss. The change is then handed out immediately. One time the lady next to her would tell her to just give the change to 'that idiot'. I told them in Thai that assuming I'd be too stupid to notice would make them be really stupid. So save the situation, I gave them a smile. Both of these ladies are now all smiles every time I show up. 

6 hours ago, markaoffy said:

shame on you for such a comment! She had gone amongst the masses

dont try and kid me, she just race of like a formula one car, you had plenty of time to say something if not to the formula race car you could of said something to the cashier ?  unforgivable behavior.

Why didn;t the OP say I.m with her and cop 2 free 100 baht dinners, Still only one loser mm err wait.

Making up for the all the tourists who hand over a 1000 baht not on a daily basis to a Song Thaew driver so his family can do a bunk and save themselves 40 baht.

So the only thing I remain confused about is why the stern look and say ning loi? I'm not sure the cashier would have understood either, is ning loi your way of writing 100 or would it be neung roi or loi neung? Were you rousing on her in some obscure way?

Pathetic ! Not using phonetic symbols. You understood well enough!

dont try and kid me, she just race of like a formula one car, you had plenty of time to say something if not to the formula race car you could of said something to the cashier ?  unforgivable behavior.

Totally unforgivable! I’ll march down Rama 1 police station and hand my self in!

4 hours ago, markaoffy said:

Totally unforgivable! I’ll march down Rama 1 police station and hand my self in!

I've seen people being overcharged 1000  for a journey that costs 50-100thb 

Also seen the other side, used to drink with an American guy who used to give the tuktuk driver 1000 and tell him to keep the change .... It was peanuts to him so who am I to intefere with a deal done  between two men? 

6 hours ago, speedtripler said:

I've seen people being overcharged 1000  for a journey that costs 50-100thb 

Also seen the other side, used to drink with an American guy who used to give the tuktuk driver 1000 and tell him to keep the change .... It was peanuts to him so who am I to intefere with a deal done  between two men? 

this was 2 ladies if that makes any differents:sleep: