‘Crazed’ woman sets house fire, killing caged dog

snoop1130

‘Crazed’ woman sets house fire, killing caged dog

By The Nation

27750d10819fcb29a17b6b69a7e85379.jpeg

An apparently-crazed woman allegedly set fire to her house in Pathum Thani and held herself a hostage with a knife on Friday morning.

The fire destroyed the house and a car and burned a pet dog in its cage to death.

Police were alerted of the fire at 10am at a house in Phassorn 4 housing estate in Pathum Thani’s Thanyaburi district.

When three five engines arrived at the scene, firefighters were unable enter the house to put out the fire immediately because the woman, Pranee Promchaidam 66, held herself hostage with a knife.

It took time for the police to apprehend and later charge the woman, but by then it was too late for the firefighters to save the home.

Neighbours said the woman became somehow crazed and was shouting before setting her house on fire.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336109

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-1-12

31 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

An apparently-crazed woman allegedly set fire to her house in Pathum Thani and held herself a hostage with a knife on Friday morning.

Did she also demand ransom for herself? Might not have been so "crazed" after all then.

I pity the poor dog, though.

4 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Who keeps their pet dog in a  CAGE?

Yes....really....who ? 

Unfortunately......a lot of people.

Where I used to live I used to drive past an end terraced house that had a cage 2 meters by 1 meter on the side that was home to an unfortunate dog. Underneath the cage was a huge pile of the dogs excrement. Never saw the dog out of that small cage in the 4 years I lived there.

But not so bad. My former mechanic had three small dogs that he kept in 1 meter square cages in a row and in almost darkness. He let them out to eat once a day for 15 minutes in the front of his small terraced house which itself was just a 3x4 meter cage.

Street dogs are way better off than being a pet to owners like this.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Yes....really....who ? 

Where I used to live I used to drive past an end terraced house that had a cage 2 meters by 1 meter on the side that was home to an unfortunate dog. Underneath the cage was a huge pile of the dogs excrement. Never saw the dog out of that small cage in the 4 years I lived there.

But not so bad. My former mechanic had three small dogs that he kept in 1 meter square cages in a row and in almost darkness. He let them out to eat once a day for 15 minutes in the front of his small terraced house which itself was just a 3x4 meter cage.

Don't  worry that was a sarcastic  comment on Thais and their "supposed"  love of  dogs, am well aware of the  disgusting ways  many animals are treated here.

10 hours ago, Denim said:

Yes....really....who ? 

My Thai stepson kept two pitbulls in a cage.

Yes, the soi dogs are better off.

They usually have more brains than their putative owners as well.

Edited by Odysseus123

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:56 AM, johncat1 said:

The police could not subdue a 66 year old woman ?  Ever heard of tear gas or even smoke bombs to confuse her ?

What kind of Micky Mouse cops were they  ?

Confuse her, use smoke bombs, tear gas, you say. Please. This is not CSI and do not confuse logical decisions in this instance. Remember. We are in Thailand where many people hold positions they paid for instead of being trained for.