Video: Motorcycle driver flashing like a Christmas Tree set to face trouble

webfact

Video: Motorcycle driver flashing like a Christmas Tree set to face trouble

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The director of the Department of Land Transport said that a motorcycle taxi driver video-ed with his body and bike covered in flashing lights could face the removal of his jacket as it was illegal.

The "win" driver was filmed in the Samut Songkram area and the footage caused much comment after it was put on Facebook on the "Chompoo" page.

Netizens thought it looked cool but many wondered whether it was legal.

Sukree Jarupoom the DLT director confirmed it was illegal. He said such lights were a distraction to other road users and could cause accidents.

The rider would face a fine and the possible removal of his jacket.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-18

Many cars have changed their lights to flashing christmas led's....doesn't matter though since i even don't care anymore for indicatorlights since they won't use them at all or forgot to turn them off.

Also blue/red wailinglights i see everywhere nowadays, i don't pay attention to them anymore.

The Land Transport Dept would be better off doing their job instead of picking on the easy target.

Thousands of vehicles on the road with flashing red or blue lights which are illegal except for emergency vehicles. But maybe the "hisos" get away with it.

What about the 2 heavy vehicles I managed to miss last night without any tail lights at all.

They just can't get their priorities right ,,, can they   ???

He was the safest motorcycle on the street he was easy to see, but he drives fast i was trying to catch up to hang an ornament on his motorbike.

Better idea: go after the motorbikes with out ANY lights front, back or turning lights..... That would be safer for all.

Edited by USPatriot

9 hours ago, USPatriot said:

He was the safest motorcycle on the street he was easy to see, but he drives fast i was trying to catch up to hang an ornament on his motorbike.

Better idea: go after the motorbikes with out ANY lights front, back or turning lights..... That would be safer for all.

You mean actually do the job they are paid for..........no way man far too hard