Google Face Match Thinks Prayuth Is 1700s Peruvian Woman

snoop1130

Google Face Match Thinks Prayuth Is 1700s Peruvian Woman

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

740x-696x456.gif

BANGKOK — Were it not for the social media fad of the moment, we would have never known that Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha has the same eyebrows as woman aristocrat from Spanish colonial Peru in the 1700s.

That was among the more whimsical results we got from matching Thai politicos and celebs to figures from art history using Google’s Arts and Culture App. The app uses facial recognition to match faces with those found in its database of works collected from museums worldwide.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2018/01/18/google-face-match-thinks-prayuth-1700s-peruvian-woman/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-1-18

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

Same eyebrows, and probably the same, old, decayed brain as well. 

Should the ashes still exist, there's still way more brain in than a certain soldier ever had.

Edited by jenny2017

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

I don't know.  I took a good healthy one the other day, and as I stood up to flush, I looked down and could have sworn I saw his face. 

Do you realize you have just slandered your turd, I am sure the turd was better looking.

I love this, "technology is infallible" or so those that sell it would have us believe.

These "algorithms" are hopeless and need much more development before they are actually capable of making a contribution over competent humans.

They might help things speed up but are not able to process variables they are not programmed for.

Take "voice recognition" as an instance which is still bloody hopeless, whatever you see advertised.

I worry that Thai personnel will be involved in the development of self driving cars in the LoS.

Reliable AI is a long way off...

:omfg: