on motorcyle and car hit and run today

Seanbhoy

16 hours ago, Seanbhoy said:

Army told me he sped off cos doesn't want to pay me money.

Very likely.

About twelve years ago I was riding a motorbike, was hit by another one from behind which knocked me into the next lane where I was run over by a pick-up.

I was reported as a fatality (not a causality) and taken to the nearest (and most expensive) hospital in town. After being in ICU, I was very fortunate to be out after two weeks and 300,000 Baht lighter.

Neither the other motorbike or the pick-up stopped, I was told for the same reason about having to pay. I only discovered what happened in the accident later, from a police report which quoted a couple of witnesses.

Definition of irony: At the time of the accident, I had in my pocket a completed (but not yet submitted) application form for medical insurance.

You fared better than my wife and niece, they were driving along a downtown street in NongKhai on our motorbike a couple of years ago and a pickup coming out of a side street failed to stop. It hit them and left them laying in the street. Bystanders drug them off of the road and somebody called the rescue service. The wife received lots of really bad bruises and couldn't walk for several days, she also required physical therapy once we returned to the states. The niece received stitches in her chin and also lots of bruises. Nobody followed the vehicle or got the plate number even though it was a busy street with lots of vendors.

The police were polite but said there was not much they could do because there were no CCTV cameras in the area of the accident.  We are thankful for the rescue crew and the people who drug them from the street...but the rest of it will forever leave a bad taste.  

20 hours ago, Seanbhoy said:

yeh I'm guna get one, any recommendations?

obtaining the cctv, it would be the police in that area? I see the same fat officer with his white book everyday there, looking to shift fines out to the folk that cant afford a car... 

I have to drive a motorcycle there, it takes me one hour from rangsit area to bang rak, in a car its like 2.5 hours, bus well 3 hours maybe.

helmet, using a GoPro 5, it is enough and good basic quality (2.5h recording on low minimal settings ) ... get a charger which include 1 spare battery, get one extra battery (you need around 3-4) plus 4 memory cards 64GB This costs around you around 15k. But in case you need it, you forget turning it on ....