Where to get Marble Countertop Custom-made?

LGMV

Need to get the above for a kitchen top.   Want a place where I can see samples of marble and then make an order.  

It will be a big piece maybe 8 ft by 3 ft and oval shaped. 

Appreciate if anybody has experience of this and where to go

Boonthavorn if you are located in Pattaya. Not a massive choice and the usual non talkative service that you come to expect from companies here but, they do have a selection to view and they will cut to suit

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

To start with you'll need Granite not Marble the latter stains.

You don't say where your situated but you could try the new BKK granite comp: they have a factory in BKK & Tak going towards Chiang Mai. May have other sites.

If you give them a template they can make anything. Also have Granite on display.

A bit the size you require will weigh a ton?? whatever heavy so have lots of friends available to put in place.

EG My 9 x 2 feet tops took 5 Strong Thai's to lift on. 

Edited by fredob43

3 hours ago, canopy said:

Consider the advantages of quartz. In America quartz countertops are more popular than granite. Showrooms at Hafele, CDC, others.

You might find that quartz is more expensive and not as easy to get here than Granite but the choice is there. Just remember to get the edges rounded off and polished, as they can chip if left square.

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, canopy said:

All types of countertops should have some edge rounding. This has nothing to do with quartz. There are all sorts of edge rounding and edge details one can choose and it's cheap.

I was referring to all tops rounding edge wise. The reason I said that Quartz might be a tad more expensive was because of the availability of same. Granite is sold everywhere Quartz not so much. There are also different grades check that the stuff you get is the hardest. Then again he only wants a small top so price shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by fredob43

On 1/27/2018 at 9:25 AM, LGMV said:

interesting about Quartz, thanks  will have a look in CDC

If you are going to cdc take a look at a company called stone surfaces it’s on the ground floor in the first building next to the teak flooring store. ( the building is opposite accross the Road from Starbucks and the SGC building)

This company sells all kinds of quartz and ceramics and has a  factory that will cut it to your specifications. You may also want to consider ceramic tile for your counter. They sell large format ceramic tiles 1m x 3m and 1:5m x 3m. I used them for my kitchen counter tops ( I actually clad the whole kitchen)and bathroom walls. They have numerous patterns and cost anywhere between 10-30k per tile

The color doesn’t show up well in the photo but it looks stunning in real life

218602E4-BA24-416F-AC15-11C2A1AF0AF4.jpeg

Edited by AJBangkok

4 hours ago, AJBangkok said:

If you are going to cdc take a look at a company called stone surfaces it’s on the ground floor in the first building next to the teak flooring store. ( the building is opposite accross the Road from Starbucks and the SGC building)

This company sells all kinds of quartz and ceramics and has a  factory that will cut it to your specifications. You may also want to consider ceramic tile for your counter. They sell large format ceramic tiles 1m x 3m and 1:5m x 3m. I used them for my kitchen counter tops ( I actually clad the whole kitchen)and bathroom walls. They have numerous patterns and cost anywhere between 10-30k per tile

The color doesn’t show up well in the photo but it looks stunning in real life

218602E4-BA24-416F-AC15-11C2A1AF0AF4.jpeg