Thailand bans smoking on 24 popular beaches

webfact

4 hours ago, slippery snake said:

About time,  keep those dirty stinking smokers off the beaches..  actually the smoking wouldn't be so bad but most seem to think it ok to leave their cigarette  butts in the sand...  if they never did that,   then this ban possibly would never have happened..

so they only have themselves to blame !!! 

So next time instead of picking up plastic bags from Pattaya beach whilst having a smoko and placing my butt in the ashtray like most smokers do I,ll just get my shopping from 7/11 across the road and walk back to the beach and toss the bags in the drain where raw sewerage comes out near the pier at the Southern end with other plastic waste and guess what not get 1 bah fine! Makes sense to you?

Well done this should bring in lots of holiday makers ??? i just hope they ban motorbikes with no lights ,   bad emission on cars lorries and pick ups . loudspeaker ads on road vehicles. ..bonfires.    and vehicle exhaust noise just for a start >>>>   

3 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

So next time instead of picking up plastic bags from Pattaya beach whilst having a smoko and placing my butt in the ashtray like most smokers do I,ll just get my shopping from 7/11 across the road and walk back to the beach and toss the bags in the drain where raw sewerage comes out near the pier at the Southern end with other plastic waste and guess what not get 1 bah fine! Makes sense to you?

nt a good idea to put your butt in an ashtray  but i do agree 

4 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Well done this should bring in lots of holiday makers ??? i just hope they ban motorbikes with no lights ,   bad emission on cars lorries and pick ups . loudspeaker ads on road vehicles. ..bonfires.    and vehicle exhaust noise just for a start >>>>   

Oh I forget and spitting on the pavement i see a lot of that but cannot say who does it the most 

1 hour ago, Toshiba66 said:

I watched a bunch of filthy tourists smoking on Pattaya beach yesterday. All of them through their butts on the sand at the waters edge. I just don't get the mentality of most smokers. Nothing short of inward thinking.

there are people who are just ignorant, I was sitting in a bar the other night (outside) and there were two ashtrays on the table and this guy sitting opposite me was not only flicking his ash on the floor but when he had finished he also stubbed the cigarette out on the floor, he was from Germany, I told him to pick it up and he opologized, I have no doubt had he been sitting on the beach he'd have been doing the same thing, what is wrong with these people

and not all smokers litter, this is not about smokers it is about people just throwing their rubbish at their <deleted>   

Edited by smedly

32 minutes ago, smedly said:

there are people who are just ignorant, I was sitting in a bar the other night (outside) and there were two ashtrays on the table and this guy sitting opposite me was not only flicking his ash on the floor but when he had finished he also stubbed the cigarette out on the floor, he was from Germany, I told him to pick it up and he opologized, I have no doubt had he been sitting on the beach he'd have been doing the same thing, what is wrong with these people

and not all smokers litter, this is not about smokers it is about people just throwing their rubbish at their <deleted>   

All smokers litter the air

8 hours ago, slippery snake said:

About time,  keep those dirty stinking smokers off the beaches..  actually the smoking wouldn't be so bad but most seem to think it ok to leave their cigarette  butts in the sand...  if they never did that,   then this ban possibly would never have happened..

Smokers should be jailed.

Yep Thailand, ban the smoking on the beaches and the inevitable butts that get stubbed out in the sand..under some Marine Protection Law blah blah...but in the meantime Thailand keep your position as the 5th worst polluter of the ocean in the world...and don't forget to keep building those disgusting stinking air, ground and sea water leaching piles of trash in the very same places that you are threatening to fine and jail people.

0db73cfb80a70eaeb7add775dea29235.jpeg.9675aef7c7d61079b2670b2be698c4b2.jpeg

20180111_125537.jpg

26734401_10157015862553012_2402212838256383110_n.jpg

keep-koh-chang-clean-14.jpg

KOH SAMUI GARBAGE.jpg

thumbs_garbage-koh-chang-02.jpg

21 hours ago, slippery snake said:

Personally I'd rather not see piles and piles of dog shit on the beaches. I know it's biodegradable but yuck.

Prepare yourself for incoming missiles!

Hundreds of policemen are probably already hiding in the bushes with bags full of cigarette butts they throw around infront of tourists.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 2/1/2018 at 1:02 PM, slippery snake said:

Smokers indeed have only themselves to blame. Their many decades of rude/selfish/self-centered/unconscious behavior  has finally come back to haunt them.

Actually, there are a few smokers who are considerate of their non-smoking neighbors ... and an even smaller few who don't use the earth as their ashtray.

As someone who's painfully stepped on still-lit cigarette butts on the beach, I have no sympathy what-so-ever. ;-)