Public transport from Ubon Ratchathani to Sirindhorn Dam

thexit

Hey,

does someone know if it's possible to get from Ubon Ratchathani to Sirindhorn Dam by public transport? I know you can take a bus or shared van from the bus terminal in Ubon to Chong Mek. But is there a connection from Chong Mek to Sirindhorn Dam and back? Bus, van, songthaew, anything? Or even directly from and back to Ubon?

I think the busses/vans from Ubon basically drive past the viewpoint of the dam so I could get on a van and tell the driver to stop there but how would I be able to get back to Ubon (or to Chong Mek and then Ubon)?

Moved to here for local input.

The vans will stop in Sirindhorn Town on the way to Chong Mek. There is also a place to get the return ticket there. Tell them you want to get off at Sirindhorn when you buy the van ticket at the bus station.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Moved to here for local input.

The vans will stop in Sirindhorn Town on the way to Chong Mek. There is also a place to get the return ticket there. Tell them you want to get off at Sirindhorn when you buy the van ticket at the bus station.

Thank you. Do you know how far away the viewpoint is from the place the vans stop? Within walking distance?

Thank you. Do you know how far away the viewpoint is from the place the vans stop? Within walking distance?
There are many view points. That's why I think it's better you talk to Jay Jay rentals and she will do a package for you.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

33 minutes ago, thexit said:

Not sure. 

I think you could find tuk tuk or motorcycle taxi to take you where you might want to go.