Mexico says relationship with Trump closer than with previous government

rooster59

Mexico says relationship with Trump closer than with previous government

800x800.jpg

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Mexico's Foreign Ministry Luis Videgaray shakes hands at the Ministry's office in Mexico City, in this handout released to Reuters by the Mexican Foreign Ministry (SRE), February 2, 2018. Mexico Foreign Ministry/Handout via REUTERS

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico's Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray told a news conference on Friday that Mexico's relationship with the United States is tighter with Donald Trump's government than previous administrations.

"I think in many ways the relationship today is more fluid, it's closer than it was with previous administrations, which might be surprising to some people but that's a fact of life," said Mexico's top diplomat.

Videgaray spoke alongside U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Canada's Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland in Mexico City.

Freeland said that uncertainty around renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement was not good for business, but that it was important to get it right.

As Videgaray, a former finance minister and longtime aide of President Enrique Pena Nieto, put a good face on U.S.-Mexico relations, he also acknowledged some tensions.

"We do have some differences, as every other country does, but we've been working very closely," said Videgaray. "We're looking to the future."

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-02-03

No No No....impossible absolutely NOTHING that Trump does can be good...I mean its IMPOSSIBLE!!! Nope, not buying it.....Its the democrats that do all the good in the world, they get ALL the good info with their buddies in the media and  the FBI to root out EVIL, such as all the bad stuff( I believe I mentioned) only Trump is capable of doing!

By the way, hows that Trump impeachement going? :saai:

15 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

No No No....impossible absolutely NOTHING that Trump does can be good...I mean its IMPOSSIBLE!!! Nope, not buying it.....Its the democrats that do all the good in the world, they get ALL the good info with their buddies in the media and  the FBI to root out EVIL, such as all the bad stuff( I believe I mentioned) only Trump is capable of doing!

No, No, No.....A Mexican diplomat who actually acts like a diplomat and does and says what he needs to say to get what he needs for his country.   

I like this guy.

He seems to see through all the crap thrown at Trump by cry baby Dems who did not get their way.

He might also see the hugh flaw in the dreamers program.

He may also be a good contributor when NAFTA gets revamped.

I see he is also wearing the mandatory red tie.

Edited by lovelomsak

Quite the diplomatic response as NAFTA, negotiations grind along, talk of the wall and shithole countries. The guy probably wouldn't say "shit" if his mouth was full of it. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Trouble said:

Even when there some bright news the anti-trumpsters can't face it. They hate him that much.

It will be news when the Mexican Foreign Minister actually enumerates the ways in which " it's closer than it was with previous administrations.." Until then, it's just diplomatic persiflage.

What the story in the OP misses out:

"He gave credit to Tillerson, standing just to his left: “I want to highlight the leadership of Secretary Tillerson has been instrumental to achieving this to bringing the countries closer.”"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-02/mexico-says-u-s-ties-better-than-ever-and-credits-tillerson

And we all know what Tillerson thinks of Trump...

Even when there some bright news the anti-trumpsters can't face it. They hate him that much.

How could the relationship possibly be better than with a democrats administration, or ANY administratiin other than Trumps???

Wasting your time Trouble. Their minds are just too poisoned to accept that Trump could possibly achieve anything or do any good...it's all lies, fabrications, and smoke & mirrors in their eyes.

Just maybe the Mexican FM is telling the truth?? Nah....he's a liar.....also!

If he tore one off they'd complain that it was the wrong note.

He'll be blamed for the DJI fall on Friday, but given no credit for previous rises. It's a one way street.

Go Trump for a second term.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 03/02/2018 at 3:02 AM, 248900_1469958220 said:

Much like Big Chief Orange Scalp , you dont seem able to comprehend diplomacy.

On 03/02/2018 at 3:33 AM, lovelomsak said:

I like this guy.

He seems to see through all the crap thrown at Trump by cry baby Dems who did not get their way.

He might also see the hugh flaw in the dreamers program.

He may also be a good contributor when NAFTA gets revamped.

I see he is also wearing the mandatory red tie.

I would love to play Poker with you.

Love the Mexican FM. Playing to Trumps ego and self centred view of the world. Playing the diplomat in every way!

”A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip”.

”A real diplomat is someone who can cut his neighbours throat without his neighbour knowing it”.