Printer Recomendation

sharktooth

I have a HP B110 and whereas it does everything I want I am getting Royaltpy Humped with cartridge prices. Recommendations for decent, doesn’t have to be great, printer with refillable cheap ink supply. Print, scan, WiFi.

Edited by sharktooth

For simple printing I have had a Brother printer with ink tanks. In over 5 years only had to refill the black and the bottle of ink was about 200B.

S__770052.jpg.34969c4babd49525abff69feed691458.jpg

Not great for printing in HQ so normally do those at a shop.

I use a HP Deskjet 3635.

My main interest was, that I not want a printer with refill tank. Because I only print a little bit and the printing head could become bad. So I better choosed a printer where ich replace the print head with the color cartrige. As soon you use the printer more often I think a refill tank can be very confortable and become also much more cheap than the cartrige system.

So it always depends on how much you use the printer and which features you really need.

• Like 2

I am working with a Canon G2000 multi-function unit supplied by the contractor. It's the mid-range model of a suite of Canon printers that have refillable tanks built in rather than cartridges or the after-market tanks and pipes method taped on the side. I think the printer is about US$150 equiv. I've checked them on invadeit and lazada for about 4500 baht. Looks like refill ink bottles are 300 baht each regardless of color.

It's been in steady use for over 3 months, printing full A4-sized color maps and the tanks are still about half-full. It is also a scanner so eyeballing one to replace my own, 5 year-old Canon ink cartridge eaters and the separate scanner when I get back home.

G2000.png.3f532769124cdd4caa03730eaa8b725c.png

What about the low cost laser printers, brother have one at around 1,800 Baht. Cartridges seem to have a 1000 page life and a refill is some 300 Baht. So print 2,000 pages at 1 Baht a page.

The advantage I find of laser printers is the ink does not dry up and clog the head especially if the printer is not used for a few months.

Disadvantage, no colour, but then 99% of all my printing is black and white - well not the white bit.

• Like 2

For inkjet printers, user first has to think about what prints he will mainly need. 

There mainly two different kinds of Ink for such Printers (and Plotters as well), for best results: Pigment Ink, and for standard low/medium results: normal Ink. Pictures printed with Pigment Ink, are much brighter and last much, much longer than pictures printed with normal Ink. Easy to test the outcome of both: print a Photo and place it for some time (days) in a dry place under the sun. On photos printed with normal Ink, the color will disappear not within a long time. 

Epson Printers mainly using as Original, Pigment Ink. Canon use in the better printers only Pigment Ink for Black if that Printer has 5 colors, 2 of them black, and the cartridge with Black PB  (Pigment) is used for to print Black on Documents only, not on Documents with mixed content.

That said, if someone looks for a printer for to print excellent Doc' and Pictures, an Epson is recommended.

It's all about for what such printer is needed!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...