Xbox Console

thx1138

Not sure where to post this so I have put it in the general topic section. I would like to bring an XBOX and a few games to give to family on my next trip. I am a bit worried about customs and duty etc after reading posts about customs at the new airport being particularly keen on what arriving passengers are bringing with them. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Buy one here and save the worry :D

Where are you from, remember there are things like power voltges, TV standards, game regions (not sure about the XBox there), which could thwart your good intentions :o

Not sure where to post this so I have put it in the general topic section. I would like to bring an XBOX and a few games to give to family on my next trip. I am a bit worried about customs and duty etc after reading posts about customs at the new airport being particularly keen on what arriving passengers are bringing with them. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

they have never checked me going in always take my laptop camcorder external 300 gb hdd digicam mp3/4 player plus all the cables adaptors chargers etc etc never been checked so dont worry

Buy one here and save the worry :D

Where are you from, remember there are things like power voltges, TV standards, game regions (not sure about the XBox there), which could thwart your good intentions :o

Hi Crossy, I am bringing it from the UK. It will work in Thailand (PAL) 220-240 Volts with a plug adaptor for the power. I'm taking it over along with about 20 games and I am worried about customs getting funky with me (after reading another thread about people being stung for relatively minor offences like tobacco, liquor etc). I'm not sure about the Thai rules on bringing in electrical goods and I don't plan to take it back out when I leave.

I'll see what happens anyway. A few large changs and a game of HALO 2 will surely go down well with family. :D

I've taken my xBox through the airport twice with no problems.

I've also blown the power supply twice even with a new transformer that was more than adaquate for the system. It was easy to fix at MBK but still you might give that a thought.

For a 1000B on the 6th floor at MBK they will put in a second chip so you can play the games they sell :o Your Kids and your wallet might enjoy a new slew of games for a quid.