Is tonight good for Chinese New Year or wait for 16th?

mat999

Rearching Google has not brought up much info, most is outdated. But it seems there is a festival in Chinatown. It also seems that the festivities run for 3 nights. So I wanted to check if that is tonight the 14th, 15th and 16th? Maybe the 16th is the best night? Or are they all similar? Thanks.

Edited by mat999

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Now it's over, was there any big parade or such? I only heard a few crackers going off in the morning.

Never a big one...and think this year's was smaller than last year's parade.  But maybe more firecrackers here and there.

CNY1.jpg

CNY2.jpg

CNY3.jpg

CNY4.jpg

CNY5.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

Chinese New Year in Chiang Mai is pretty tame. Other than a few pretty girls wearing red Chinese dresses at shopping malls and some shops closing, not much happened or did I miss something?

Some places put Chinese lanterns up, but that was about it. Central Airport did zero that I saw, and they must get loads of Chinese customers.

Pantip did have some sort of show for the 3 days, but as nothing written in English I have no idea what.

Since I've been living in C M I have discovered the council does sod all to promote tourism, despite supposedly being a tourist town. Even Pattaya is far and away better at tourist related promotions and events.

Edited by thaibeachlovers