Multi Entry Non B, Possible?

Joe, thanks for the fast reply. The guy applying is looking to invest in an existing business here, however he would not be working day to day. From memory, I remember something about business owners not having to have a WP, provided they are not hands on day to day working. Does anyone know of visa options for someone in this situation? As I understand it, many people owning tourist businesses do not have WPs, but are still able to run the business.

Can anyone provide more info on this? Thanks

1 hour ago, Smithson said:

The guy applying is looking to invest in an existing business here, however he would not be working day to day.

It is very unlikely that he would be able to get a multiple entry Non B anywhere to "work occasionally" for a Thai company. With a work permit application, a single entry Non B would be possible. If the company is substantial, and he is a director, he might be able to get a multiple entry Non B to visit for things like board of directors meetings. However, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a directive a few years ago that such activities are legal on tourist visas. For that reason, most consulates are now reluctant to issue multiple entry Non B visas on that basis.

The main "consultant" type multiple Non B is when you work, say, for a German company that sends you periodically to Thailand to assist with a project for their client company in Thailand.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It may be possible to get a multiple entry non-b for business purposes at an embassy or consulate in the country where the company he is working with is registered.

General requirements are here. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"B"-(for-Business-and.html

My staff member is Swedish and has worked for me here in Phuket for 10 years. He has a work permit and usually gets a 1 year multiple entry from KL or Penang. I am advised that they now only issue single entry 3 month visas. Any sensible solutions? He does have two young Thai children that he is bringing up asa single parent. Would he get a cat O,  1 year do you think (on the basis of salary/tax paid)?

I dont understand this business that consulted now only issue 3 month visas and you must go to an Embassy. Whats the issue with KL then?

Thanks for any advice

11 hours ago, Grouse said:

My staff member is Swedish and has worked for me here in Phuket for 10 years. He has a work permit and usually gets a 1 year multiple entry from KL or Penang. I am advised that they now only issue single entry 3 month visas. Any sensible solutions? He does have two young Thai children that he is bringing up asa single parent. Would he get a cat O,  1 year do you think (on the basis of salary/tax paid)?

I dont understand this business that consulted now only issue 3 month visas and you must go to an Embassy. Whats the issue with KL then?

Thanks for any advice

KL has not issued multiple entry visas for years. Penang and Kota Bharu will only issue a multiple entry non-b visa to owners or shareholders of a company now

He could get multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai in Penang. He will need to show 400k baht in the bank or proof 40k baht income or more.

If he is the legal parent of his children by way of marriage or legitimization he could apply for a one year extension at immigration.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

KL has not issued multiple entry visas for years. Penang and Kota Bharu will only issue a multiple entry non-b visa to owners or shareholders of a company now

He could get multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai in Penang. He will need to show 400k baht in the bank or proof 40k baht income or more.

If he is the legal parent of his children by way of marriage or legitimization he could apply for a one year extension at immigration.

Thank you!

Very informative!