The New Yorker Magazine

popshirt

I have been a subscriber to The New Yorker magazine and it has been delivered, without fail, to my address here in Bangkok for a long time. Suddenly it has stopped arriving and my subscription has not expired. I am wondering if perhaps there was an article in the magazine that was critical of the new government and the entire magazine has been censored. Are there any other New Yorker subscribers who have or who have not been receiving the weekly issues? The last issue I received was near the end of December 2006. :o

maybe some postal employee likes the cartoons! On the same token I've the same difficulty with National Geographic and Smithsonian, although I'm sure neither of these ever published anything derogatory about the situation here. I chalk it up to just poor service.

Hi. I work in publishing in Thailand, and my contacts overseas tell me that 'missing' subscriptions to Thailand are a big problem in general. The only way you can be sure to get your magazine is for it to be sent via DHL, Fed-Ex or the like where a signature is required - but the cost would be prohibitive.

I doubt it is down to any form of censorship, unless there has been a new, recent crackdown on all printed material entering the country. I received a bundle of magazines last week from a company in the UK. These were marked as commerical samples, which they were, but had obviously been opened and checked, so perhaps that might be the case? That was a package of about 8 business-related magazines.