Thai villagers protecting against the "Ghost Widow" with large penis scarecrows - and even lipstick!

webfact

12 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

Bloody foreigners making up stories..Is not true mickymouse,this is not our Thai Culture????

There is no single "Thai culture", despite what the Powers keep saying about "Thainess".
Thailand is a country of some 70 ethnic groups, including 24 groups of Tai peoples. 
How many "long neck" ladies do you see in Bkk? There is no monolithic "Thai culture", though there are many common practices. 
Why do you object to this particular account? The penis? There is a Lingam Shrine in Bkk, as well as many other locations.

• Thanks 1

I apologize for the long reply to this post, but I couldn't resist.

Here's an explanation of the phenomenon, which is a genetic disease (Lai Tai or bangungot), which is mainly restricted to a few ethnic groups in Laos, Thailand and the Philippines. Google: “Sudden arrhythmic death syndrome’.

The same hocus-pocus appeared in Nong Yai in 2013. Here an excerpt from my former blog:

A widow in Nong Yai told the press that many local men have mysteriously died in their sleep over the past 20 years. As the saying goes: "The good guys always die first. You have to be ashamed if you are still alive. "Some families have even left the place. In the unanimous opinion of monks and fortune-tellers, they learned that the place is haunted by the spirit of a widow who makes men weak and exhausted. The night before they die, they dream with itchy antlers, accompanied by birdsong in a sort of final testicular offensive of having sex with a beautiful woman.

Dildo landfill? Thailand's sex toy ban is obviously not applicable to ghosts!

However, she is the spirit who wants to steal their souls. When the women awake in the morning, the spouse has already switched to peat breathing. How many women in Nong Yai are suffering from the country's common disease "pain caused by thinking", is so far unexplored. Here the family doctor already smells the scrapping premium during the health check.

Meanwhile, there is also the rumor that some of the men are already sleeping in women's clothes and make-up to avoid the spiritual hard-core cuddling. I think the only male person who can justifiably die of weakness and fatigue here is the night pharmacist who supplies the place with Afghan spinach, herbs of the Bronx and dance dragées.

Edited by Lupatria
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

After five mysterious and unexplained deaths of young men in their sleep they have taken action

? so.... having an autopsy to determine the cause of death hasn’t occurred to them, then?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Some of the penises to scare the ghost away are 80 centimeters long.

Shared on social media?

? a computer crime then? 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Women scared that they will lose their husbands and sons are dressing their men up in female nighties before bed and even putting lipstick on the men to fool the spirit.

I thought that might be career training.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When things start to get you down a story like this comes along and makes you smile. I love it in rural Thailand, its mad.

Over the last few years our village has been under attack by 3 ghosts on a motorbike, they have killed 3 people and are responsible for a number of bad motorbike  accidents. This year we had a scare crow that became a ghost, its getting very dangerous. 

On 27/02/2018 at 10:35 AM, Dmaxdan said:

With all due respect, they probably should be making effigies to ward off the evil spirit of Lao Khao, the genuine taker of Thai menfolk.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yep.  Badly made Lao Khao or laced with Methyl Alcohol to give it more kick as happens in other Asian countries was my first thought on reading the article.   Send Stevie Wonder over to sing "Superstition" to them.  "When you believe in things that you don't understand....."   (Especially such stupid things.)

Edited by The Deerhunter

On 2/27/2018 at 9:56 AM, webfact said:

ohnny and Nong, 68, told the news media that since the effigies and other precautions were taken before bedtime no one else has died.

Only in Thailand , you'd think you read it all , but no , another story pops up that you never could have imagined in your wildest dreams. 

Maybe this phenomena explains why we have so many ladyboys here, the boys are scared into dressing like a woman , or else the ghost will kill the family.