Arsenal

MiG16

Sczezzer or Opsina? - marginally prefer Ospina but it's not the most crucial of decisions. Both mostly have fine performances. Ospina capable of spilling and Sczezzer capable of crazy running. Ospina because he's less likely to get sent off laugh.png

Which 3 of the following 4 start? Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Giroud? Tricky one - I still don't believe Walcott is a central striker and most of his effective runs were coming in from the right last week. However as everyone knows he doesn't track back on the oppos left-sided attack (as well as Ramsey does in that position). It is crucial that someone helps Bellerin out, as Benteke's threat comes mostly from left sided aerial crosses. Either Walcott up front right with Ramsey behind him in right-sided mid with instructions to stay there and Wilshere benched, or Ramsey out right with Walcott benched. I hope Arsene doesn't drop Giroud for this game despite being sub-form for 5 games. So I'm naturally drawn to using Jack as super-sub, even though this will be cruel given his sparkling runs last week.

Playing tight across the back and relying on the occasional break has been a fruitful strategy for quite a few lesser clubs playing us this season (and Chelseagiggle.gif ). We've often played too narrow and spent 70 minutes+ trying to break down resolute 4-5-1 formations. I doubt Sherwood will go for that but, if he does it is vital that Walcott is playing. Wilshere too though perhaps can wait until 60th minute. In that event Ramsey is probably sacrificed and it is probably too off the wall and untried but I would bring on Pug in place of Bellerin. I'm nervous that Bellerin is naturally a wing back and can be rounded too easily if Ramsey is not there.

As Chicog would say - not much point speculating as Wenger picks the team. Can always be said that not much point speculating because ....

Cup game - we are favourites of course, but that means nowt on the day. After Hull in last year's final and some slow start league games at home like Swansea I hope to hell we are not A overconfident (unlikely) or B cautious/sideways (not unlikely). Hi tempo from the off please Gunners. Our strength is our bench, so no need to pace yerselves

Walcott is on fire but whether he's earned a start is another story.

Might be better to bring him on as those Villa legs are starting to tire.

Still, we shall see.

I think we can assume that Theos gonna sign his contract then. Surprised Arsene is using an FA Cup Final to give him one of his few lead striker starts. Lets see if it works. Frantic first 10 mins!

Of course. I suspect that the only other time that Arsenal had that many shots on target in a first half this season we were 4-0 up (against West Brom) at half time. More of the same would be nice second half though.

Even money on Delph getting a second yellow!

if only you spuds were half the team Sevilla are, you might even be worth listening to.

dream on ! biggrin.png

Its only 3-0....don't get too cocky! biggrin.png

cocky mate ? you need to tell your mates to get off their beach ball.

anyway i here there's a cure somewhere and around in a place they call Amsterdam. wink.png

• Like 1

if only you spuds were half the team Sevilla are, you might even be worth listening to.

dream on ! biggrin.png

Its only 3-0....don't get too cocky! biggrin.png

cocky mate ? you need to tell your mates to get off their beach ball.

anyway i here there's a cure somewhere and around in a place they call Amsterdam. wink.png

Your shout soon tf....ya better pick somewhere cheap cos I'm gonna be thirsty. :D

I see Silent Stan has slipped in as well.

He looked a little confused. Someone should tell him that its OK Arsenal are in yellow!

5 million quid off Benteke's value, 5 mill on Theo's (but he's still not a centre forward!)

Looks like Moss has decided not to ref the last 15 mins - let the bu$$er swinglaugh.png

Edited by SantiSuk