Three killed, five badly injured in Suphan Buri pickup crash

rooster59

Three killed, five badly injured in Suphan Buri pickup crash

By The Nation

Three people were killed and five others severely injured when two pickup trucks collided on a Suphan Buri road on Friday night, police said.

The accident happened on the Bang Li-Wat Phai Rong Wua road in Tambon Bang Lane of Song Phi Nong district early in the night.

Police said a Toyota pickup driven by Banjong Pathumsut, 55, lost control as one of its tyres burst, causing it to veer into the opposite lane and crash head-on with a Nissan pickup driven by Anan Saengsichan, 25.

Banjong's wife, Samniang Noimanee, 58, died at the scene. His son, Thankit Pathumsut, 21, died at the hospital.

Anan’s relative, Jindamai Boonson, 36, died at the scene.

Police said Banjong was driving with his wife and son while Anan was accompanied by four relatives.

All five survivors were severely injured, police said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340095

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-03

This is just the warm-up run for Songkran. The worst is yet to come. But be re-assured; Pinocchio with his side-kick Prawit have road safety all under control ........just like they have for the past 4 years.

Another sad accident. RIP to the deceased and best wishes to the severely injured.

I don't think anywhere teaches "what to do when a front tyre bursts" for a driving test but it is unusual, unless of course tyres are never checked for pressure and wear...

I guess a new amulet is cheaper than a new set of tyres?

Come Song Khran in April I hope the press actually compare the daily death toll  to the 7 deadly days count for once.

:unsure:

13 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

are thais taught what to do when a tyre bursts (which is very rare) when they do driving test??
ANSWER IS I BIG NO !!!

What country does teach you or give you a test on what to do if you get a tyre blowout when you do a driving test?

ANSWER IS A BIG NONE !!!

You must do a separate defensive driver training for that and it has nothing to do with your normal driver test

Edited by Russell17au
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Another sad accident. RIP to the deceased and best wishes to the severely injured.

I don't think anywhere teaches "what to do when a front tyre bursts" for a driving test but it is unusual, unless of course tyres are never checked for pressure and wear...

I guess a new amulet is cheaper than a new set of tyres?

Come Song Khran in April I hope the press actually compare the daily death toll  to the 7 deadly days count for once.

:unsure:

Unless they are Maxxis tyres. I had a new Maxxis tyre that had done approx 100 kilometres with the correct pressure tread separate and blow at 80kph. I immediately removed all Maxxis tyres and will never use them again. Cheap rubbish.

First thing they need to learn is how to use a tyre gauge!
I’ve yet to see anyone blow up a tyre correctly here and they don’t understand how much of a difference the correct pressure makes to the handling of a car or bike!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

18 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Unless they are Maxxis tyres. I had a new Maxxis tyre that had done approx 100 kilometres with the correct pressure tread separate and blow at 80kph. I immediately removed all Maxxis tyres and will never use them again. Cheap rubbish.

Ah yes, quality control is also a problem here...

Where safety is concerned, not style, it is best to buy a genuine premium brand as you say.

:thumbsup:

I travel that road to get to BKK from where I live and it is a well laid out, recently surfaced 4 lane road (hwy 3422)...I'd say that excessive speed was involved which would exacerbate the tire blow out issue...

the dude coulda been drunk as well...usually makes sense to slow down when yer tires are marginal...