Chinese tourist assaulted in Krabi

snoop1130

Chinese tourist assaulted in Krabi

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

719553-1021x580.jpg

A Facebook user, Jay Boonruang (in Thai language), posted a long story about a Chinese client at her hostel being assaulted by men on the street yesterday (March 6).

“The Chinese woman, in her 20’s, couldn’t speak English at all. I could speak a little bit of Chinese so I talked to her. She travelled alone in Krabi. She checked out to stay in Ao Nang, she returned back to check in again at my hostel. She came back injured with a very sad face. After asking, she said she was riding a motorcycle and some men rode alongside and touched her breast. She was frightened and lost control of the bike and fell while the men just laughed and fled. She was injured and also had to pay 1,500 for the damage of the motorbike”.

“I took her to a pharmacy to buy some medicine. After a night at the hostel, she flew to Bangkok. She was crying all the time saying that she’s been assaulted.”

Full Story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/chinese-tourist-assaulted-krabi

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2018-3-7

And tomorrows news..

"Taxi driver returns young chinese womens hand bag and refuses to accept a reward" or something similar. Perhaps "Thailands the 1st choice for female travellers" 

Truth be told this happens everywhere worldwide and pretty bad in some places. Thailand doesn't hold that top spot just yet i think.

I saw this same thing happen when I worked in Vietnam. I was riding with a young woman whom I know. I was accompanying her home. We were both on bicycles when two young men rode by on a motorcycle and grabbed her breast and rode off laughing and feeling powerful because there was nothing we could do. You had to see the shame on Dung's face to truly realize how humiliating this is to the young women. Do they know if this was truly done by Thai men?

2 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

I saw this same thing happen when I worked in Vietnam. I was riding with a young woman whom I know. I was accompanying her home. We were both on bicycles when two young men rode by on a motorcycle and grabbed her breast and rode off laughing and feeling powerful because there was nothing we could do. You had to see the shame on Dung's face to truly realize how humiliating this is to the young women. Do they know if this was truly done by Thai men?

Be thankful they did not grope your breasts as well.

2 hours ago, car720 said:

For all those who had a shot at me for saying that the Chinese girls are not as worldly experienced or mature as other nationals.

I rest my case.

Just before you have that rest perhaps you'll explain to us all the connection in your mind between a Chinese female not being wordly experienced or mature and a sexual assault. crime!

3 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Just before you have that rest perhaps you'll explain to us all the connection in your mind between a Chinese female not being wordly experienced or mature and a sexual assault. crime!

Quite simple.  They are not as exposed to the same dangers in China.

1 minute ago, car720 said:

Quite right.  Perhaps I was trying to say not so publicly exposed.  As in the streets are much safer.

Such things are much less culturally acceptable inChina plus the police force, official and civilian is much more active - penalties are also way higher hence a real deterrent.

Archived