Best Sandwich Shoppe In Pattaya?

Nam Plah

Just had two sandwiches for lunch.

Sub-like, with assorted cold meats and salad, including hot peppers, and some sort of mayo/sauce.

About 8" long, 4" diameter (large) - 30,000 dong for the two - that's about 60 baht. Absolutely fresh, crusty rolls.

Bought from a shop, not a roadside stall - but here in Saigon that does not affect the price.

Excellent value - more than a one foot Subway and more fillin in each than any sandwich I have had in Pattaya.

And delivery time to Pattaya seems like would make the crust kinda hard unless they had a big motorcy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent value - more than a one foot Subway and more fillin in each than any sandwich I have had in Pattaya.

I haven't been to Vietnam for a while, but I used to visit alot and those sandwiches were crap. The bread is great, but the mystery "meat" inside ranks down there with spam. :)

Have to agree....the price of that sandwich listed is an outrage unless it has gold flakes.

Unfortunately, sandwiches/subs in Pattaya are a bit like wine, poor vlaue for what you pay.

Only 3 real choices are feasible, daily special from Subway, pre-made off the shelf from food mart, or DIY with fresh ingredients from Friendship.....

There are few things I would rather see open in Pattaya and Jomtien than a really good sub shop. Oh, do I miss them. Subway sucks in the US and it sucks here even more. They do have good bread and good toppings though.

And a sandwich consists of what exactly on your planet?

Greg's Kitchen:

Best home made style sandwich I've eaten anywhere in Thailand. Proper large, door stopper size slices of fresh white, or brown, bread, real sliced ham, real cheese and sliced tomato = 250 baht (approx)

You have got to be joking! You would be hard pressed to find a sandwich that expensive in the West End of London.

Alot of Subway haters here, but they are the only place that I have found consistently good, fresh and quality. Never tried one after a few beers, always drawn to the doner kebab carts like a moth to a flame, which is a form of sandwich so also deserves an honourable mention.

Have to agree....the price of that sandwich listed is an outrage unless it has gold flakes.

Unfortunately, sandwiches/subs in Pattaya are a bit like wine, poor vlaue for what you pay.

Only 3 real choices are feasible, daily special from Subway, pre-made off the shelf from food mart, or DIY with fresh ingredients from Friendship.....

There are few things I would rather see open in Pattaya and Jomtien than a really good sub shop. Oh, do I miss them. Subway sucks in the US and it sucks here even more. They do have good bread and good toppings though.

And a sandwich consists of what exactly on your planet?

Greg's Kitchen:

Best home made style sandwich I've eaten anywhere in Thailand. Proper large, door stopper size slices of fresh white, or brown, bread, real sliced ham, real cheese and sliced tomato = 250 baht (approx)

You have got to be joking! You would be hard pressed to find a sandwich that expensive in the West End of London.

Alot of Subway haters here, but they are the only place that I have found consistently good, fresh and quality. Never tried one after a few beers, always drawn to the doner kebab carts like a moth to a flame, which is a form of sandwich so also deserves an honourable mention.

I agree with you about Subway. I like the doner kebab too, but be warned I have had several cases of food poisoning that seem to be a result of bad doner. I always swear it off, but try it again.