Ceiling fans Haco switch

benlovesnuk

I have a question about a ceiling fan setup and Haco speed switch, its the Haco W2716 400va 250 watt variable speed control (like light dimmer, which all the the homepro "experts" kept telling me was a light dimmer). Is it possible to run 2 average size fans off this in parallel , or not? Much appreciated for your time.

The system is wired so that its only fans on this MCB at 20amps with 2.5mm cable, the haco switch is at the end of this wiring.

Regards for your time on this

Ben

• Like 1

Most domestic ceiling fans draw less than 100W (say 125VA) so, at least in theory, you could run two off one of these units.

Personally I wouldn't, running at 80% of rated capacity (200/250) is likely going to make things get a bit warm. Can't hurt to try it mind.

By the way, some fans buzz annoyingly when on one of this type of controller. Oh, and they do make good lamp dimmers.

• 5 months later...

If you're using the fan in a bedroom you should look at DC fan motors. They are completely silent even when 'dimmed' to low speeds. I buy a lot of hotel type fans from this company (I have no association other than being a volume customer). . .

http://www.mrken-fan.com/

Edited by NilSS