UK, Aus or Eire Passport for Retirement?

I have the benefit of the above passports and I'm looking to go for a retirement visa / extension in the next year or two. (When I will, likely, actually retire )

Any thoughts on which of those, if any, citizenships is the better to use?

By way of background - I'm 50+ and currently working FIFO in Aus and have been entering the Kingdom regularly for the last nine years on VEs using either the Aus or UK passports, depending on space and validity. I haven't yet used the Irish.

I do have a Thai wife, but by all accounts the retirement route is simpler, paperwork-wise and the financials are not an issue.

Edit: And first post greetings, please excuse my manners.

Edited by Two Plus Two
As above

Welcome, Two Plus Two.

If you are using 800k Baht in the bank method, I don't see your nationality matters at all.

Other posters can relate their experiences about getting pension income endorsed by the relevant embassies.

8 minutes ago, champers said:

Welcome, Two Plus Two.

If you are using 800k Baht in the bank method, I don't see your nationality matters at all.

Other posters can relate their experiences about getting pension income endorsed by the relevant embassies.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

I guess I'm really just looking for some reassurance that I'm not making a fundamental error, or missing out on some opportunity.

3 hours ago, Two Plus Two said:

Any thoughts on which of those, if any, citizenships is the better to use?

It won’t make any difference which nationality you use when applying for the extension.

I would make the decision based on which embassy provides the easiest income letter/affidavit.

I suspect that your Australian passport will, in practice, prove to be your best bet. Before you can even start to think about applying for extensions of stay in Thailand you will need to have obtained a visa of some sort - which IMHO you would probably be best advised to obtain in Australia. Such a visa could be of the non-OA variety, a non-O on the basis of being married to a Thai national or a 60-day tourist visa which you might subsequently be able to convert to a 90-day non-O visa at your local immigration office here (although please do bear in mind that such conversions are, to all intents and purposes, impossible to obtain in practice at 1 or 2 immigration offices in the Central region, including Pattaya, if that is where you are planning to settle).

However, it is highly unlikely that either the Royal Thai Embassy in Camberra or any consulate in Australia would be prepared to issue you with a visa in any other than your Australian passport.

That said, you could always enter Thailand initially on the basis of the standard 30-day stamp and then seek a non-O conversion subsequently - in which case you could take your pick of which passport to use. But if you do decide to go down this route please bear in mind that you might experience difficulties in being granted permission to board your flight from Australia to Thailand unless you were able to provide evidence of a confirmed flight booking out of Thailand within the following 30 days at check-in.