get foeigner unemployment payments in TH?

22 minutes ago, Andyfez said:

Hahaha

If you don't know, just don't comment. 

The answer is yes, if you pay the monthly social security.

50% of wages but not more than 180 days says the sso website. 

• Like 1

You can get social security payments if you have recently stopped working in Thailand. 

As long as you are not a teacher, most expat salaries (60,000 THB +) will be high enough to put you on the top rate for calculations which is a payout amount of 15,000THB per month. This is then calculated according to the following.

50% for 6 months if you were fired or made redundant.

30% for 3 months if you resigned. 

Needless to say the payments are stopped if you return to work. 

As a farang you also cannot do the online reporting for the payments and must go to the Amphur every month to sign for your payment. 

13 minutes ago, Cheops said:

If you don't know, just don't comment. 

The answer is yes, if you pay the monthly social security.

50% of wages but not more than 180 days says the sso website. 

I am sorry, but I don‘t quite understand. I thought that if one is on a work permit and loses her/his job, the visa (permit to stay) is automatically cancelled, unless one is on a PR basis or possibly (not sure)  married to Thai permit basis. If I am right in my assumption, how can one get the benefits?  Out of Thailand?

4 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

I am sorry, but I don‘t quite understand. I thought that if one is on a work permit and loses her/his job, the visa (permit to stay) is automatically cancelled, unless one is on a PR basis or possibly (not sure)  married to Thai permit basis. If I am right in my assumption, how can one get the benefits?  Out of Thailand?

Totally agree otherwise it does not make sense.  

1 hour ago, phetpeter said:

If you have been paying into Social fund through your school, the answer is YES, You can or could get it for up to 6 months, and is based on a percentage of your averaged earnings, But you need to have paid in for a set period, can't remember if it is 8 months or 12. I got 15000 baht per month. Same you can get child allowance, pension etc. Go see them they will help you. This lot wouldn't know, and its best to get it from the horses mouth. The pension is from 60 years and is earned with the money of years you pay in, plus I think 70 per cent of your last year earnings, be warned if take it cancels your free medical care which of course is more important.

I am now a Thai citizen. 

I have a small tutor office that I teach by myself. 

Is it possible to put money into a social fund for retirement? ?

2 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

That's a good point.

3 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

You can stay in the country if you you are on an extension of stay based on marriage or a 1-year marriage visa. In this case you only cancel your WP but your visa remains valid. Then you can claim your Social Security payments each month. 

You could probably also claim if you have to leave initially but re-enter on a new visa. Your visa is unrelated to the social security that you have paid. 

You would not not be able to claim from outside of Thailand as this has to be done each month at your local social security office.

2 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Go ahead & try,,,,, let me know how you go,

I have contributed to the SS fund for over 20 years at about 750 Bht per month.

Can't even get a statement let alone anything back. The big vacum cleaner at work

It’s a very simple process. I’ve had over 40,000 back over the last few months while enjoying some downtime. You don’t get much, it won’t pay the rent or anything, but its enough to cover the beer budget and it’s money you’re perfectly entitled to if you’ve been paying SS. 

did i just read right....

you are definitely the type they do not need in thailand they have enough thai men that are lazy and wont

work....

definitely a cheap charlie here..

next question will Hookers give discount or freebies for a Pension or Unemployment card ???

what a joker..

sorry but i just cant be serious with this question ....

Edited by aussieinphuket
  • Haha 1

thanks for some valuable replies - yes I have paid more than 10 years the Social Funds of THB 750/month and I am not a teacher, so sound not bad initially the 15.000/months for 1/2 year in addition to the pay-off from my current company

but the downside as mentioned already earlier the WP and Visa issue as I am married to a non Thai and would probably have to get a new type of visa e.g. ED first in order to get the funds.....