Video: Who's in the wrong? The court of social media is in session!

snoop1130

Video: Who's in the wrong? The court of social media is in session!

Dash cam footage from a road thought to be in Bangkok showed a motorcycle collide with the back of a car that initially appears to be lane changing.

The rider comes off and according to TNews was run over by a truck to his left. There was no word on what injury if any was suffered by the rider.

The car appeared to fail to stop.

TNews said this was a classic case of "Who's in the wrong?" 

The judges and juries of social media were offering their opinions on the popular Mem Pho Dam page.

How about you?

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-3-13

the suv was driving on the right hand side of his lane, the bike was driving fast and was going to use the left side of the suv's lane for the overtake, but to spoil this bit of meat in the sandwich driving/riding of the bike, the whit car cuts up the suv, who pulls to the left, shutting the door on the bike, so fault well the bike and the white car, the suv could have been unaware of the collision.

White Merc:  contributing factor. 

Everest reaction to potential collision with Merc: contributing factor. 

Root cause: bike rider's lack of situational awareness and impatience.

Not saying the bike could foresee the Everest would move quickly to the left, but should have prepared for the eventuality. 

• Like 1

Bike 

The white suv was in the correct lane the whole time. the bike should not have been in that lane. A few inchs to the left and he would have not been in suv lane and safe.

I  am not sure but I think that is why lanes were invented. invented 

Edited by lovelomsak

12 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

White Merc:  contributing factor. 

Everest reaction to potential collision with Merc: contributing factor. 

Root cause: bike rider's lack of situational awareness and impatience.

Not saying the bike could foresee the Everest would move quickly to the left, but should have prepared for the eventuality. 

On a bike, in a car if you are behind another vehicle you 'should' be driving at a speed and in a position that allows you to react to any sudden stop or change of direction of the vehicle in front, especially if you're in the same lane.

Happens in every country in the world.

• Like 2

I blame the entire population, the government and all the soi dogs.

They don't know how to drive and are not taught how to drive.

You cannot learn how to drive if the person trying to show you has never been shown.

Thousands are killed in accidents like that every year. And yes I know it happens in other countries too. And those other countries also don't have a clue how to drive. 

And does it make the driving better in Thailand because other countries have people that cant drive ?

The SUV driver acted instinctively to a threat from his right. I would almost certainly done the same myself.

Any motorcyclist who squeezes himself between traffic like this is just asking for trouble.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Bike 

The white suv was in the correct lane the whole time. the bike should not have been in that lane. A few inchs to the left and he would have not been in suv lane and safe.

I  am not sure but I think that is why lanes were invented. invented 

I had to come back to correct something. The bike yes can be in the same lane I stated it wrong. He cannot be in beside the suv in the same lane

I honestly can't remember 100% but lane splitting on a bike in UK is only allowed if all lanes have no moving traffic eg a jam on a motorway etc after an accident, or has the law changed?

Just googled it.

Can be done in slow moving or stopped traffic but any accident will most likely be deemed your fault.

Edited by overherebc