Toyota service intervals

JaiLai

Had 1st 10k service on new Toyota recently, next one I’m told to be at 20k.

I do a lot of driving and 10k will be clocked up in 6-8 weeks, is it really necessary to have the vehicle serviced so often?

That would work out at minimum 6 times a year or do the service intervals become longer?

Input appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You would be recommended to be changing the oil and oil filter each 10k, fuel filter depending upon the cleanliness of fuel being used, but for the cost each 10k is advisable.
Blow the air filter until it looks too dirty and cannot be cleaned properly.
The above is nothing to do with with any warranty just good maintenance practices to keep your engine in good order.
However, there may be extended/different kilometer intervals stated in the manuals, some vehicles will do more than the 10k, that is up to your discretion and the quality of oil that you decide to use.
I am more old school and the cost of parts, labour etc here makes extending past 10k pointless IMO even with good quality oils....

Each to their own, if your not following manufacturer guidelines just keep it regular and stick with the same oil brands..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Oil breaks down from heat, if your driving 10K in a month and a half your spending big hours on the road and that engine is getting HOT breaking down the oil.

Cheapest thing to do is service it every 10k religiously

On our heavy use oil patch trucks we just drop the oil and change the filter every 2 weeks.