BREAKING: Police to ban water splashing on all main and secondary roads during Songkran

snoop1130

On 22/03/2018 at 7:55 PM, paulikens said:

although its carnage on the main day in pattaya,its probably one of the safe days when your a pedestrian as so much traffic no idiots bombing along small sois at 100 mph.

Pattaya is not the real Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Only a very primitive nation allow's water throwing at vehicles on major roads. Their only intention, as far as I can see is to cause accidents.

There were several groups doing it yesterday on the 323 into Kanchanaburi.

Edited by jesimps

18 hours ago, jesimps said:

Only a very primitive nation allow's water throwing at vehicles on major roads. Their only intention, as far as I can see is to cause accidents.

There were several groups doing it yesterday on the 323 into Kanchanaburi.

I see there was a lawyer who was quoted in the Thai press recently, saying that if people threw water at you without obtaining your consent, it could be seen as an assault and you could take them to court over it.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 11:02 AM, bluesofa said:

I see there was a lawyer who was quoted in the Thai press recently, saying that if people threw water at you without obtaining your consent, it could be seen as an assault and you could take them to court over it.

I didn't know that. In fact one kid threw water at me when I was riding my bike a few days ago. I doubt the police would charge him.

I didn't know that. In fact one kid threw water at me when I was riding my bike a few days ago. I doubt the police would charge him.
There were a few comments suggesting the lawyer was trying to drum up business, I wouldn't know.
But I'm sure it would cost you to take them to court, because as you say, the police probably wouldn't be interested in doing so.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 4/16/2018 at 10:48 AM, jesimps said:

Isn't it odd that the citizens of what they insist are advanced nations come over here to practice such savagery, defending it as "fun?"

Edited by JSixpack