Now Big Joke joins the hunt for female tourist who sat on a ledge at Wat Phra Kaew

snoop1130

On 26/03/2018 at 9:24 AM, joeyg said:

Totally acceptable And common behavior at your church at home then.

1. I am an Atheist not a believer of any spirits in the sky.  So no church back home or anywhere for me!

2. Most young western tourists would just see it as a pretty building.  So do I, but I live here and realize that Thai believers do not see just pretty tiles on bricks like I do.

11 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

1. I am an Atheist not a believer of any spirits in the sky.  So no church back home or anywhere for me!

2. Most young western tourists would just see it as a pretty building.  So do I, but I live here and realize that Thai believers do not see just pretty tiles on bricks like I do.

She was clearly and idiot.  Self entitled millennial.  It is obviously a temple.  Your an atheist.  Buddhism is actually an atheist philosophy.  Anyway  you get the point.  However even if your both atheists respect for culture and tradition should be used in a place of worship. " 2. Most young western tourists would just see it as a pretty building.  So do I, but I live here and realize that Thai believers do not see just pretty tiles on bricks like I do."  110% pure speculation.  "When in Rome..."  Get educated a little before traveling and stop giving those of us who live here a bad name.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 9:02 AM, BobBKK said:

What you don't get is she's here on a fun holiday and made a minuscule mistake by sitting on a ledge in clothes she would wear 'at home'.   Stop being so pompous a monk just asking her not to sit there is sufficient not a public flogging. 

I didn't hear anybody was suggesting flogging her. Like I said and what will do that in the church or temple by where you live. I am not pompous thank you very much and I understand the philosophy improper behavior. The truth is nothing could be less important than your previous statement for helping to analyze the situation IMHO.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 11:43 AM, robblok said:

Forget it the guy does not understand cultural sensitivities, he also does not understand that if a Thai does it (and they have) they get fined for it too. (was recently in the news).

The excuses that other Members are making for her are pretty pathetic and kind of ignorant. Surprising to hear arguments that support her behavior.  Kind of disappointing to see how people lack cultural sensitivity or just don't give a damn.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:47 PM, kingstonkid said:

the thing I like about people here is that they do not seem to think that the Thai police cannot walk and chew bubble gum.

I imagine a tourist having a leak on Buckingham Palace champ d;elise. statue of liberty or the front of the Sydney opera house.  

These things are not allowed and would not be accepted.  People would be charged and punished.  The same thing goes here.

To be honest the fact that the BIG JOIKE" is taking crime in all it's forms seriously and I AM SURE HIS STAFF is IS A GREAT RELIEF TO this tourist.  I just hope that more officers will take his lead.

#1. Where did it say she was taking a leak?

#2. Big Joke wants to be supreme leader. His actions have more to do with publicity and less with law and order.

• Like 1

Cultural insensitivy, a form of racist contempt and cultural imperialism. Back in the day a French man was kicked to death on the Kao San rd for drawing a moustache on a royal picture.. A, decade later on sukhumvit a crowd of comutters beat a man to death for defiling a statue of Shiva. Good. I hope they track this slag down and out her in prison. Arrogant ignorance is despicable. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 24/03/2018 at 3:51 PM, JimmyJ said:

Quite rude and childish of Channel 7 to draw a gas cloud emanating from her butt.

(It was rude enough to deny us a peek).

Gas from eyes as well. Police should look in hospitals for her.

20 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

If you respect the right for all people to believe as they choose, then finding this woman's behavior offensive to such believers is not a stretch is it.  After all it was they who were offended in their place of worship. The fact that she thought it was a pretty building or you think it just has pretty tiles is not the point after all is?

6 hours ago, The manic said:

Cultural insensitivy, a form of racist contempt and cultural imperialism. Back in the day a French man was kicked to death on the Kao San rd for drawing a moustache on a royal picture.. A, decade later on sukhumvit a crowd of comutters beat a man to death for defiling a statue of Shiva. Good. I hope they track this slag down and out her in prison. Arrogant ignorance is despicable. 

Promoting violence is despicable and far worse than sitting down.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2018 at 12:02 PM, BobBKK said:

What you don't get is she's here on a fun holiday and made a minuscule mistake by sitting on a ledge in clothes she would wear 'at home'.   Stop being so pompous a monk just asking her not to sit there is sufficient not a public flogging. 

Correct.

19 hours ago, joeyg said:

I didn't hear anybody was suggesting flogging her. Like I said and what will do that in the church or temple by where you live. I am not pompous thank you very much and I understand the philosophy improper behavior. The truth is nothing could be less important than your previous statement for helping to analyze the situation IMHO.

"I  am not pompous,thank you very much."!!!! Sounds almost like "Pretentious?  Moi?",

On 3/24/2018 at 2:38 AM, ICECOOL said:

Deflecting, by saying the authorities are not doing this,  or not doing that,  so why do this, is just childish.

On 3/24/2018 at 2:48 AM, Neeranam said:

I agree. Sadly most replies here are very childish.

Luckily we have your highbrow wisdom to fall back on.

On 3/24/2018 at 2:47 AM, Neeranam said:

Doesn't help covering her eyes.

They will never find her as we all look the same to Thais.

On 29/03/2018 at 6:29 AM, joeyg said:

If you respect the right for all people to believe as they choose, then finding this woman's behavior offensive to such believers is not a stretch is it.  After all it was they who were offended in their place of worship. The fact that she thought it was a pretty building or you think it just has pretty tiles is not the point after all is?

Pretty deep analysis to offer for a dumb self absorbed teen to low 20''s tourist from the selfie generation.  On holiday, pretty building, camera.  "Take my picture Honey."   Next!!!!  BTW, the person she was posing for was not the person taking this photo.  He had quite a different photographic POV.  The photo taker who posted this was an opportunist up-skirter/troublemaker.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 7:20 AM, Justfine said:

Promoting violence is despicable and far worse than sitting down.

Reporting violence. And it depends where and when you sit. In the USA footballers genuflecting rather than standing during the national anthem are causing controversy. Body language is a language. It sometimes demonstrates racist contempt and contempt for the law. In my examples laws absolutely supported by the people. 

• Sad 1

On 3/29/2018 at 5:08 PM, The Deerhunter said:

"I  am not pompous,thank you very much."!!!! Sounds almost like "Pretentious?  Moi?",

Thanks I responding to an insult made to me by another member using that word.  Thanks, really for your valuable input.  Please troll someone else...

8 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Pretty deep analysis to offer for a dumb self absorbed teen to low 20''s tourist from the selfie generation.  On holiday, pretty building, camera.  "Take my picture Honey."   Next!!!!  BTW, the person she was posing for was not the person taking this photo.  He had quite a different photographic POV.  The photo taker who posted this was an opportunist up-skirter/troublemaker.

Thank you for your contribution.  Please stop trolling me...

On 29/03/2018 at 3:37 AM, The manic said:

You are promoting violence not reporting it.

7 hours ago, Justfine said:

You are promoting violence not reporting it.

I gave you information both you and the trouble makers did not know. It's a historical fact. Trouble making racist trash get their just desserts. I was not there. I beat nobody.  The same insensitive hooligans being discussed have contempt for you and me. Next time you are in Saudi spit on the Koran and see what happens!  I dare you! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The manic said:

I gave you information both you and the trouble makers did not know. It's a historical fact. Trouble making racist trash get their just desserts. I was not there. I beat nobody.  The same insensitive hooligans being discussed have contempt for you and me. Next time you are in Saudi spit on the Koran and see what happens!  I dare you! 

Excellent point...