Root Canal Alternative

tonyj

I have had a painfull spot above my front teeth at about the level of the bottom of my nose for a few weeks, this week it got more painful and my face became swollen. I had Xrays done at CM Ram 1 hospital and was told I have an abscess above the root of the tooth. I was told I would need a root canal treatment but the tooth does not appear to be damaged or rotten and its not at all painful. I am concerned about the root canal treatment and the likelyhood that infection gets trapped in the sealed root and would like to explore other alternatives preferably from a biological dentist. Anyone know where I could get some good advice?

Thanks,

Tony.

All my root canal treatments have removed the root. It not done correctly there is a slight chance of infection but don't believe the incidence is very high (my first was done about 40 years ago). Whatever you do get that abscess drained before they do the treatment unless you want some very intense pain (as the infection will just absorb the pain killers).

• 4 weeks later...

all i know is that root canals are really bad news;

what i mean is that they are fundementally unsafe.

Once the tooth is killed (nerve removed) anaerobic bacteria forms under the tooth.

This stuff is soooooooooo toxic. Some people are literally cripled.

If you doubt what I say google it.

Chock dee and Sawadee kup.

All my root canal treatments have removed the root
not so !

root canal treatment removes the diseased nerve that inhabits a canal (or canals) that run inside the root.

the nerve is removed , the canal is widened and cleaned , and then filled with an inert substance.

in some cases the tip of the root is removed.

Once the tooth is killed (nerve removed) anaerobic bacteria forms under the tooth.

this is nonsense. pure and simple.

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed. But every time I go to a Dentist here they want to do a Root Canal!

When I am reluctant they tell me I will have terrible trouble if it isn't done.....

Never had terrible trouble yet.

When I am reluctant they tell me I will have terrible trouble if it isn't done.....

been to the dentist today here in england,was told i need a root canal filling,witch would cost £205.00.as iam coming to thailand(pattaya) 18 april,would like to know cost of work in thailand,and a good dentist to do the work in pattaya.

• 11 months later...

Hi Luckydog, may I ask what you had done instead? I ask because Dr Aree at the PATTAYA INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL Soi 4, Beach Road told me I need a root canal for 30,000 baht or otherwise have the tooth removed for 2000 baht. The tooth isn’t in a bad condition, just chipped but quite a large chip,

Also did they tell you how long a root canal would take as they told me 3-4 visits @ 1 hour each visit so 4 hours of torture! lol

Cheers,

Phil

New dental clinic opened on Pattaya Klang called Dental Paragon Clinic three quarters of the way down, root canal treatment 8500 baht , crown 10,000 baht. Had a replacement crown fitted last week, very good, I think the breakdown was 8000 for the crown and 2000 for the post.

They also extracted part of an old tooth, cost 500 baht ! Tel: 038 720919 open 10am 8pm