Bus crash killed two, injured six in Krabi

rooster59

Bus crash killed two, injured six in Krabi

bus21.jpg

Two people were killed and six others were injured when a tour bus crashed into a pickup truck at an intersection in Ao Luek district of Krabi province on Friday night (March 23).

The double-deckor tour bus, belonging to Chanasit Tour Co in Phuket, was on the way to pick up tourists at Krabi international airport.

The driver, Udomsak Thongorapglgasri, 40, drove the bus to the airport from Phuket, taking his family who included his wife, 3-year-old son and 3-month-old daughter, and a busboy.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bus-crash-killed-two-injured-six-krabi/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-24

It's a shame that these innocent lives are being taken. I certainly hope it wasn't the bus that wasn't paying attention as the driver lost a child

By going of the past week alone Thailand will certainly keep its ranking , but wouldn't take much if they took more care to lower it

33 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Two people were killed and six others were injured when a tour bus crashed into a pickup truck

this one and the other recent photos of post-bus-crashes, all seemingly capable of winning photo contests, must surely give pause to those that have a choice and still choose to ride these style buses

So it seems one the vehicles ran the red light. Usual everyday Thai driving. I was at a local in town intersection last week leading out of a 'minor' road in to the main road. I was there for over 5 minutes before I was able to move. Jump the lights??? It looked as though most of them didn't even notice the lights at all.

9 hours ago, smedly said:

How many bus crashes this week ? I've lost count 

Another one bites the dust. And this is only the lead up to Songkran. Imagine what it's going to be like when they really get serious. 

Incidentally the official start date of Songkran is.....

Friday 13th 

There should be a frantic rush for high quality amulets prior to the big day.

9 hours ago, Thian said:

Why bring 2 3years old kids if you're going to the airport to pickup a group of tourists? Those buses even don't have kiddychairs, in fact i 've never seen those in thailand.

Much less seat belts! Never scene a seat belt on one of those buses. Should be charged with manslaughter for seating a child at the front of a bus with no seat belts! 

20 hours ago, TKDfella said:

So it seems one the vehicles ran the red light. Usual everyday Thai driving. I was at a local in town intersection last week leading out of a 'minor' road in to the main road. I was there for over 5 minutes before I was able to move. Jump the lights??? It looked as though most of them didn't even notice the lights at all.

They Know that the lights are there,,,,Care factor 0 ,,,, we have a few crossings like that,, minor onto main road ,, They drive Straight thru , one has to force oneself onto the road when the light turns Green.

Archived