Traffic Udon Thani to Bangkok and back Songkran period.

tartempion

Traffic Udon Thani to Bangkok and back Songkran period.

We Will drive to Bangkok 8 april, I do hope that Will be before the rush? Getint more South 16 April Chumpon area and back to Udon Thani around 20 April.

My wife telling me we Will be stuck in traffic, really, does It start that soon? I know they close inbond lanes to ease outbound traffic but would they do that on the 8th?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Although I am overly cautious: on the 8th and to the south?

No, I would not expect that the madness starts that early.

Analogue for the 20th.

2 hours ago, tartempion said:

Getint more South 16 April Chumpon area

That's the only part that could be critical.

16th is the last day of returning and there is basically only one major highway to the south.

Can't tell from experience.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I think you will it be relatively normal (which is scarey and dangerous enough)  Most of the Songkran traffic heads the opposite direction. ie heads out of Bangkok at start of Songkran and then back to Bangkok at the end.    I had  no choice to drive from Bangkok to Udon on the 12th of April a couple of years ago and it was the world biggest traffice jam.  So relieved to arrive safely.

From Udon to BKK before Songran = Free driving. The traffic jams at that times are the other way around. I remember last year driving a day before Songrak from Udon to BKK, the road on the other side was basically jammed all the way from BKK to Udon and we were constantly Somnamnaing at them :thumbsup:

From Udon to BKK before Songran = Free driving. The traffic jams at that times are the other way around. I remember last year driving a day before Songrak from Udon to BKK, the road on the other side was basically jammed all the way from BKK to Udon and we were constantly Somnamnaing at them :thumbsup:

• Like 1