20 registered Myanmar migrants burned to death on bus in Tak

webfact

4 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

That would never happen on NCA, I think it's disgusting when you're behind the driver and there's no compartment door. I know how strict they are because I once got caught smoking in the toilet, well, some puffs only, but the driver saw the smoke in his mirror. :post-4641-1156693976::post-4641-1156693976:

There was Poland open, man. I was glad that I could continue my ride and I'll never try that again. I'm actually on my way to quit smoking. 

In Australia some of the companies fitted smoke detectors in the toilets so if someone lit up the smoke detector would activate and the alarm would sound and the embarrassment that it caused that passenger and then over the PA we would remind all passengers that there was no smoking on the coach even in the toilet and that the next person to smoke their trip would be terminated on the side of the road.

29 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

In Australia some of the companies fitted smoke detectors in the toilets so if someone lit up the smoke detector would activate and the alarm would sound and the embarrassment that it caused that passenger and then over the PA we would remind all passengers that there was no smoking on the coach even in the toilet and that the next person to smoke their trip would be terminated on the side of the road.

Of course that would be after stopping the coach and requesting the local police, irrespective how far away they were, that you needed to have a passenger removed from your coach who was breaking the law. You have no authority what so ever to remove a passener.

So how about canning all the bus driver nonsense - bearing in mind you're not the only driver here, I've held a heavy licence for 58 years including a bus / coach authority (now expired) for nearly 20 years and spent a number of years in my early days as a bus and heavy vehicle mechanic.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Shocking, More shocking is that i drive the road on a regular basis,

but how does a diesel powered bus burn so quickly ?

More than likely something highly flammable in the cargo space under the bus , but what started it,  doubt the BIB have the expertise to sort that out.

6 hours ago, natway09 said:

Shocking, More shocking is that i drive the road on a regular basis,

but how does a diesel powered bus burn so quickly ?

On news sites outside Thailand i read that one of the passengers was smoking. Probably fall asleep with a burning sigaret falling on the chair.

And like already been said inhere those chairs can burn very fast. And have a very toxic smoke.

So those sleeping in the back of the bus didn't have a big chance to survive. And if they don't realise to break down a window with there sleepy heads (if they already didn't do it and maybe make the fire worce) they will inhale alot of dirty smoke and suffocate or get at least unconscious.