How Do I Buy Bitcoins In Thailand?

rdhowell

17 hours ago, rdhowell said:

Thanks. Yea I finally found a company and am good to go. But two Thai companies are misrepresenting themselves, if not outright lying. No worries.

the thing about cryptos is that its peer to peer, you dont have to trust and pay middlemen if you dont want to

My first question is why buy from a US company (*especially* if you are a US citizen).  There is a decent BX in Thailand, but I'd consider the position of using Thai Baht and capital controls.  If you bring resources *to* Thailand rather than taking them *from* Thailand (as they see it - not necessarily the reality of the situation), then you will have a trouble free time versus potential wrath.

Message me and I can offer suggestions without clogging up this thread with what could be interpreted as name dropping for companies that I'm actually just a customer of.

Prices in Thailand for crypto tend to be a little higher than some other countries - if you're here then you're probably travelled enough to understand why, but banks (the thing crypto is designed to get away from) are always the sticking point until you've made the transition to the other side.

Some skinny nobhead was rambling about the next big crypto currency last night at the Corner Bar.  Between smoking fags and whinging about not enough ice in his drink.

I slagged him off but he may be there frequently and assist you with some investment information.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, HLover said:

Some skinny nobhead was rambling about the next big crypto currency last night at the Corner Bar.  Between smoking fags and whinging about not enough ice in his drink.

I slagged him off but he may be there frequently and assist you with some investment information.

everyone's got a idea and knows 0. Real research is done on Google latest Bloomberg reports interviews

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'll rent for 6 months then cash out 

l.hope it goes well. l looked at ripple

My stupid sister invested 1000 in bitcoin it shot up to 20k. She never cashed out. only made 500 AU lol.

Edited by Media1

There's http://bitcoin.co.th and https://bx.in.th

I've used the BX one in the past. They have both been around for years.

Edit - the above seems to be the same company (the BX one), I think they might have been separate at one point years back as I have different account details listed in my notes. My notes say the BX one appeared around mid 2014.

There's also coins.co.th

Edited by ukrules

Coins.co.th is the company that finally worked for me.

bx.in.th sent me through an hour + of this and that, only to reject me because I was not a "business" or not an investor or something. Yet they never indicated that requirement up front. 

I am only an English teacher here and investing is not even on the radar at this point!

I only want to purchase something from the US that only takes cryptocurrencies.

So, my next problem may be that the company doesn't take the particular type of crypto, but I think it's BTC so I think I am ok.

Maybe coins.co.th isn't the cheapest exchange, or the fees are higher, idk at this point. I'm learning this whole process. But if I'm able to purchase, then I'll start comparing rates, etc.

Thanks to all for the helpful comments.

I have an account with   coins.co.th. Worked ok for me I put in ฿1000 watched it grow, then when I saw it double I took out my original deposit and let the interest ride. Now I just have a small balance since I saw it come down. I recently heard of a place in San Francisco that trades in 3 cryptos. I will edit to include the name when I can remember. 

15 hours ago, rdhowell said:

Coins.co.th is the company that finally worked for me.

bx.in.th sent me through an hour + of this and that, only to reject me because I was not a "business" or not an investor or something. Yet they never indicated that requirement up front. 

I am only an English teacher here and investing is not even on the radar at this point!

I only want to purchase something from the US that only takes cryptocurrencies.

So, my next problem may be that the company doesn't take the particular type of crypto, but I think it's BTC so I think I am ok.

Maybe coins.co.th isn't the cheapest exchange, or the fees are higher, idk at this point. I'm learning this whole process. But if I'm able to purchase, then I'll start comparing rates, etc.

Thanks to all for the helpful comments.

Was the exact opposite with me, I was accepted right away by Bx, but Coins wouldn't accept my proof of residence despite sending copies of marriage cert, house book, letters addressed to me at the house etc. Tried several times, producing different docs, but lost the will to live in the end. Only wanted them as a standby anyway and they only deal in Bitcoin, no alts. Bx have been brilliant and have great customer support. Can't praise them enough.

I have used BX without issue (both ways) - but with 500K limit because I am not in their bank (KK),  I suspect that coins.co.th and bx are the same company but never investigated.

Corner bar I usually order in - (#31,#35) - don't frequent but am known in that area,

"R" with PM I will write to you but physically messed up right now so 1 finger typing - chat in that physical area in the resaurants/bars and you will quickly home in on me, no problem.

Typing is not easy right now so will stop short - just glad I didn't sell out at $8 lol.

Just now, ubonr1971 said:

Im also heavily invested in ripple. I think its going to be the big winner. 

Wow, I have been investing in 'nipple' since my teenage years and although hopeful....have yet to see a return.

On 4/14/2018 at 8:07 PM, HLover said:

Wow, I have been investing in 'nipple' since my teenage years and although hopeful....have yet to see a return.

Speech impediments can be expensive for wowdy webels.

I'm a BTC old schools person, but when XRP was $0.79 and a screaming buy I couldn't ignore it.  Switched back to BTC when it hit $2.86 2 weeks later.  I felt so dirty, but I had a grin on my face until I looked in the mirror and saw the dried blood.  Nothing to do with nipples I know, but I had to tell somebody that sometimes the little guy wins at 'Gov' coin.  I'll go TOR now and s.t.flip.up.

Edited by Shiver

• 4 weeks later...

If you are interested in investing in crypto the I suggest to read the latest information from ICO Pulse experts to avoid the risks. There you will find the best app for cryptocurrency and the best websites to buy BTC or altcoins.

If BTC is needed for trading, it's better to buy it on the cryptoexchange where it is supposed to be traded. And online exchangers are the best websites for those who buy BTC for storage.

Edited by MuntyC0re