wrestler

gooday to all members just like to introduce myself to forum members my name is steve and live on farm near village of ban nong sabaeng in chaiyaphum. ime from sydney australia.enjoy watching aussie rule both codes of rugby, cricket, reading, old days of wrestling and old rock/roll music.blueboy

download (2).jpg

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Sydney boy as well. How long have you been in Issan ?

came last year.only found out about forum few days ago.lived kings langley and ashfield. you?

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

G'day Steve, Nice to meet you.

thanks mate. where you from? blue

mate went to your music on youtube nothing would play.  i like del shannon, dion, the drifters, sam cook and bobby darin .long live r/r. ile leave the m/bike riding to you. where you from?    my 2 g/s  . blue

mural 5.JPG

jack magie.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 5:55 PM, Peterw42 said:

Sydney boy as well. How long have you been in Issan ?

what part sydney you from,and what part n/e you live ?  wests 1968

1968_color_photo_of_West_team_7.240142328_std.JPG

Edited by wrestler
left out name of team

29 minutes ago, wrestler said:

mate went to your music on youtube nothing would play.  i like del shannon, dion, the drifters, sam cook and bobby darin .long live r/r. ile leave the m/bike riding to you. where you from?    my 2 g/s  . blue

mural 5.JPG

jack magie.jpg

Sorry they wouldn't play for you. There are no oldies on that channel. I am from the USA but don't miss it at all. Love it here.

24 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

Sorry they wouldn't play for you. There are no oldies on that channel. I am from the USA but don't miss it at all. Love it here.

ive got a mate here in chaiyaphum  he was in the washington state patrol a lt

images.jpg

images (10).jpg

Hi Steve.  Can you give a little more info on where you live.  When I google "ban nong sabaeng" I get a village that is a fair bit from Chaiyaphum City.  There is a Farang bar in Chaiyaphum City called The 1 Bar (also known as Ben's Bar).  He plays all the sports on TV and there are a few Aussies there.  Just a note though, he and his family just left for the UK for a holiday for a few weeks and the bar is closed until May 7.

4 hours ago, Ken said:

Hi Steve.  Can you give a little more info on where you live.  When I google "ban nong sabaeng" I get a village that is a fair bit from Chaiyaphum City.  There is a Farang bar in Chaiyaphum City called The 1 Bar (also known as Ben's Bar).  He plays all the sports on TV and there are a few Aussies there.  Just a note though, he and his family just left for the UK for a holiday for a few weeks and the bar is closed until May 7.

mate this is the best i can do until b/i/law comes home. we are 30min drive from chaiyaphum city and 10 min from ban nong sabaeng. our farm no electricity, lots solar panels and 2 g/s dogs.

where you from ? i dont have a car yet  rely on b/i/law for transport. blue

58 minutes ago, wrestler said:

mate this is the best i can do until b/i/law comes home. we are 30min drive from chaiyaphum city and 10 min from ban nong sabaeng. our farm no electricity, lots solar panels and 2 g/s dogs.

where you from ? i dont have a car yet  rely on b/i/law for transport. blue

My country is USA.  I live about 45 minutes from Chaiyaphum City, South heading towards Korat.

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

And do you like Thai food ? Thai beer ? Thai people ?  Thai society ?

Of course he does. Can't think of any other reasons why a Farang would want to live in the Thai-Sticks.:smile:

In this case, living without electricity, miles away from everything, gives it all a special touch.

OP is doing fine. Searching for fellow Farangs, (resembling looking for a needle in a haystack), having already found a Catholic Church in a Buddhist Country indicates that he is making every effort to integrate into the Rural Thai Society.
Also, OP has already discovered that older folks are treated with more respect than in the "west". (As long as they have Authority PLUS money).

OP is starting from scrach here. Hopefully he soon finds some fellow Farangs, introducing him to a new world, far away from Sidney.

= Above issues have been collected from OP's 3 different threads.
Cheers. 

thank you swissie.:smile:  when i asked my new wife to leave the farm and all her family and moved to aust i promised her one day we would return. i am now 67 and retired so back we came. do i miss sydney,my brother,2 growen up children, mates of couse i do but my wife did it for me.she left a family behind when she came with me.

we could have rented in Bangkok or Chaiyaphum city but i promised to bring her home to the farm and her family and this i have done. it has been hard for me a big change for me  no electricity so i got solar panels.but i love all of her family and the farm life.  i live here now and one day i will die here... good night blue

• Like 2

sub dist is Haui Bong.  village is Nong Sabeang. 

when you drive out of chaiyaphum city head East. the lertnimitra hotel and a small private hospital are on your left side. the bus station and street for Fire station are on your right.

at the Nong Sabeang keep going East on a dirt road[no name]  after about 15 min you will drive over a small river. about 5 min later you will see a T intersection on your left . turn left there 4 farm on left the one with brick fence is my place.

or e/mail me and ile give you my m/number..              blue

On 18/04/2018 at 8:57 PM, Rdrokit said:

I get the oldies off youtube without any problems....motown ....elvis.....platters...shirelles...buddy holly...del shannon etc...i convert from mp4 to mp3 then put on a stick or sd card then listen.....

On 4/28/2018 at 12:42 PM, essox essox said:

I get the oldies off youtube without any problems....motown ....elvis.....platters...shirelles...buddy holly...del shannon etc...i convert from mp4 to mp3 then put on a stick or sd card then listen.....

thanks for the tip. will give it a go. blue

download (25).jpg

download (26).jpg